Question Graco Comfortsport vs Evenflo Titan Elite???

T

teletubbies

I am trying to buy a new car seat for my 12month old baby. I'm down to these two car seats and I need advise on which one to get.

My son is 24 lbs and 30in long...should i keep him RF (as most of you were saying in one thread) when i get the new car seat?

ADS

djma

Keeping your child rf'ng is the best way to go. It will keep them much safer.

As for the 2 seats you have picked out, I'm not too sure about. The Graco Comfortsport is outgrown rather quickly and only has a 30 pound rf weight limit. I believe the Evenflo Titan's top slots are just as low as the Comfortsport.

Do you have a price in mind that you're not wanting to go over? If you can give us a price and what kind of car it will be going into, we may be able to help you better.

Have you looked at the Evenflo Triumph Advance? It has approximately 17" top slots and has a 35 pound rf limit and 50 ff limit. We have one and my 2 year old is still very happily rear facing in it. :)

Good luck!

S

super y (teletubbies)

Thanks.

I was trying to keep it under $100...the seat is goin to go on a Toyota Matrix 05...beside a Graco turbobooster car seat.

My next choice was actually the Evenflo Triumph Advance. I read good reviews about it.

MomToEliEm

The Graco Comfortsport would probably be outgrown when the child is 2 years old leaving you with having to buy another seat down the road. It also won't allow you to rearface for a lot of time due to the lower shell height. If you go into the purchase knowing this, there isn't anything wrong with it.

The Evenflo Titan Elite isn't bad either, but it does have really short harness heights. It is advertised as lasting a child until 5, but with it's top harness slot height, it would probably get an average child to age 3.

For the under $100 range, I would look at these seats:

Safety 1st uptown
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5515915

Cosco Scenera
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8054497

If you had a little more money, the evenflo triumph advance would give you a lot more bang for your buck, since it probably would last you 2 more years over the other seats due to it having a 17.5" top harness slot compared to the 14.5-15.5" top harness slots of the other seats. With having to put this seat right next to a turbo booster though, the triumph advance might be a little wide for you.

rosey2007

I argree that the Evenflo Trumiph Advance would be your best bet. I saw one on Walmart's website that is about $30.00 over your budget, but you are going to probably get more of your money's worth out of this seat.

firemomof3

I would also recommed the Evenflow Triumph Advance but if you really cannot spend the extra $ then I would recommend either the Safety First Avenue (sears.com) or the Uptown. If you have a big lots near you the Uptown is on sale!

S

Super Y

Thank you for the replies..

Ok...so if i can stretch my budget to $130...are there any other car seats that you could recommend other that the Triumph?

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
If you want to keep it at $100, the Uptown or the new Safety First Avenue are good choices. This is the AVenue

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_04988093000P

The Avenue is the newer, less expensive version of the Uptown. It has nice tall top harness slots, 35 lb rear facing weight limit and 40 lb ff weight limit. Good seat for under $100.

If you can stretch your budget to $130 to $150, the ETA is a great seat that will last just as long as some of the more expensive Britax seats but for much less! It's a very well loved seat.

There is not a huge amount of love for the Graco Comfortsport here. It's a really small seat, some quirks that are annoying and is outgrown ff early and rf super duper early.

mol13

Don't get the ComfortSport if he's tall and you want to keep him RFing. We got our EFTA and it wasn't that expensive. I wish I had gotten something different, as DS is currently RFing in the ComfortSport but doesn't really have enough room to grow in it. If we can get him to about 2 years RFing in it, we might go with the Nautilus after that.

sunnymw

I second all the Nays on the comfortsport. It has a lot of hangups that I hate :)

I just bought the Safety 1st Uptown at BigLots for $65.00, DOM 06/08 :) It is much nicer than the CS (although admittedly not as nice as my Radian or Britax, lol), easy to adjust the harness while RF, relatively easy to install. :)

Mommy2Marcus

I also agree with all the no's on the Comfort Sport. I had one that DH & I both absolutly HATED with a passion. The straps were always getting twisted, it was hard to keep the straps even & it was a royal PITB to adjust the straps RF or FF!

As for that I totally agree with the suggestion on the Evenflo Triumph Advance (EFTA). I own one & absolutly LOVE this seat! That is what is pictured in my siggy pic btw! It fits DS SO well. He has tons of room left to grow & will be RF for quite awhile to come!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC