Question Two carseats in 2005 Freestyle

Background: We have a 2005 Ford Freestyle. It has three rows of seats - the front row are buckets, the middle row are buckets, and the back row is a bench. Currently we have my son (22 months, 34 inches tall) forward facing in a Britax Marathon in one of the middle bucket seats. We will be putting our newborn in October in the Graco Snugride that my son used.

My Question: is it okay to have the kids in the middle row bucket seats? Both use the latch system with the top tether attached to the hook (underneath the backside of the seat). We generally have the rear bench seat folded down for cargo space (stroller, etc.). My understanding was that the backseat is best because it is out of the airbag deployment path.

Any insight would be appreciated. I am booked into a carseat safety clinic in August, but I wanted to ask this now before I forgot.

ADS

ErinGoBragh

It is perfectly safe for you children to ride in the center row of your car.

How much does your 22 month old weigh? If he is under 33 pounds, then he would be much safer rear facing.

Thank you, I was hoping to hear that, I wasn't sure how to stow the stroller otherwise, plus I find it far more convenient to put the boy in the middle row where the door opens.

My son was 30 lbs at his last appointment. I had every intention of keeping him rear facing, but his legs are so long that he was all scrunched up, so we turned him forward facing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC