Question 2008 Britax Boulevard- longer buckle strap?

julia94115

I just purchased a Boulevard for my daughter. Upon researching at Babies R Us I noticed the Boulevard was on clearance for $299 (vs $309). I asked why they were on clearance and the BRU associate stated that these were the "old" Boulevards and the "new" 2008s were regular price. I asked how the new Boulevards were improved and he stated all he knew was that the buckle strap was longer. I paid full price for the 2008 model after reading some complaints about the short buckle. Upon inspection at home, the buckle did not appear any longer than the "old" model. I also tried searching online for any improvements made to the 2008 Boulevards and found absolutely nothing. Did I just fall for another BRU line? And should I return this "new" model and get the $10 off for the "old" model???

ADS

natysr

I have not heard about Britax changing the length of of the crotch buckle. But there were some improvements made in February 2008 (check the date of Manufacture on the seat you bought):

Old seat: rearfacing weight limit of 33 pounds
New seat: rearfacing weight limit of 35 pounds

Old seat: when you buckle the child in the seat, only the 2nd buckle tongue makes a "click"
New seat: Both buckle tongues make a click.

Another change that seemed to gradually take effect of the the last year:

Older covers: The flap for the harness adjuster opened and closed via velcro
New seats: There should only be a lower slit. This is good, because many children were able to open the flap and loosen their own harness

Also, The boulevard has a 6 year life span from the date of manufacture. The newer the seat you bought, the more time you get to use it. This is not as important if you bought the seat for your 3 year old and you plan to have no more children. But, if the seat was for a baby, and you want to pass it down to siblings later, you will want the newest seat possible.

Hope this helps.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The headrest is pointier on the newest BVs (since June, I think? The Britax sales page sells different covers for before or after that date because the headrest is different).

U

Unregistered

Well, the good news is the date of manufacture is June 2008, so I am hoping I have the newest out. Bummer though that the BRU guy had to lie to me to get me to buy the seat! It is for my 9 month old so I do want the most recent out so I can get the most use out of it. Thanks for your help!

seamonkeys

The headrest is pointier on the newest BVs (since June, I think? The Britax sales page sells different covers for before or after that date because the headrest is different).

Ah ha! I was wondering why they have covers on there for "pre June" and "post June"!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC