double stroller that fits Safeseat 1

bestjob-mommy

Hello everyone. My sister needs a small folding double stroller that fits a Safeseat 1. She has already ruled out the Graco strollers cause they don't fit in the back of her Suzuki XL7 when the third row seats are up. She has tried the Peg 60/40 side by side but the Safeseat doesn't fit.

Any ideas? Thanks.

ADS

Niea

Hmm. . .

All the small double strollers I think of are side-by-sides and they don't take carseats. The tandems do, of course, but they are bulky. If she's ruled out Graco Quattro Duo, then I don't know what's left.

Would a Sit N Stand suffice? Though that probably folds up too large too.

KelliBella

I actually just tried the SS1 in the 60/40 Aria Twin last weekend and got a good fit. The lip of the car seat does hang slightly over the 40 seat, but it's still definately usable for a toddler. Did she recline the seat before putting it in? The Aria Twin is the chief contender for us right now. We do a ton of in and out errand running where taking a newborn in and out of a seat just isn't practical.

bestjob-mommy

I actually just tried the SS1 in the 60/40 Aria Twin last weekend and got a good fit. The lip of the car seat does hang slightly over the 40 seat, but it's still definately usable for a toddler. Did she recline the seat before putting it in? The Aria Twin is the chief contender for us right now. We do a ton of in and out errand running where taking a newborn in and out of a seat just isn't practical.

thanks for posting back, we got to go play with more stollers this week and i think the sit and stand still wins as the smallest folding and ease of fit for SS1.

we really tried hard to fit the 60/40 with the SS1. it didn't help that the customer service was terrible, down right grumpy that day. its quite a drive to the closest store that carries that stroller....it doesn't fold very small for the trunk space though so I think its been crossed out now.

The sit and stand is great! I have had mine for 2 years and LOVE IT! my sister just wanted to see if there was anything else she could use. the deluxe version that has a seat that sits on top of the bench is nice cause then my nephew could still sleep and the infant will be in the front. but it has to be ordered online to get the right print to match the black and red SS1.

clmchrissy

Sounds like you already decided, but just wanted to add my :twocents: I just bought a sit-n-stand & my SS1 fit w/ ease & I the fold is much smaller than my Quattro. I have an 06 Accord & the sit n stand fits great w/ room to spare (my trunk isn't the biggest).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC