My three year old fits in the SS1

Splash

Well, he has less than an inch over the top of his head, but his head is contained within the shell. He's about 4 pounds too heavy for it. We haven't used it since about 16 months.
He has LONG outgrown many convertible seats RF (Titan, old Triumph, CS, RA) but still fits within the shell (not within the 1" rule, though) on the SS1. Talk about seat geometry and angles making kids fit way longer!

He wanted to be buckled in so badly. Nope, sorry kid. But he was very cute. I just :love: this seat!

Oh, and a new harness assembly complete with chest clip (of which I have managed to lose half in the last 48 hours) will cost 20 bucks with shipping. Way cheaper than a new seat, and the shell itself is fine. So, crisis averted. Unless I offer this one to my friend for the cost of the harness and then buy a new one just because it's a new baby, and really... should a baby be stuck with a hand-me-down car seat.... of course not... :whistle:

ADS

Mommy2Marcus

Yeah....I was thinking the same thing! Do we not get pics? I want them...Pretty pretty please with a cherry on top!

amyg530

i actually used the SS1 a few weeks ago as a trap to cut Connor hair, his head sticks out the top but i was able to buckle him in and hes only a pound or 2 over the limit. its definatly an awesome seat!

fyrfightermomma

My oldest will be 3 next month. She easily fits by height and weight still. I wish I woulda kept her in it longer!! It had so much more room than a convertible did in our car at that age :)

I love that seat *sniff* I just sold it on craigslist

Kat_Momof3

Or... use it as a recliner (or even a time-out chair... sometimes, once you have two kids, or just a stubborn one, anything with buckles is preferable) and buy a new one so that, when the baby comes, he won't be jealous... and hey... get him his own baby and let him use it for that! (nah... you could buy him a joovy toy baby seat and save money that way)

maybe just a new cover to make it fresh??

xxluckychicxx

(or even a time-out chair... sometimes, once you have two kids, or just a stubborn one, anything with buckles is preferable)

Wow that's such a good idae! I've been looking for the perfect time out spot for my almost 2 year old and couldnt figure anything out. He wouldnt sit still for anything but he could clim out of a playpen or anything else that I would put him in

laurenrachey

Having used a snugride I'm constantly amazed at how long kids fit in the ss1!

As for the time out spot, I personally wouldn't. I don't want DS to have any negative associations with a carseat. I think at 2, a child would easily classify an infant seat as a carseat because of the straps, even though it is shaped differently than a convertible. For time out, I just kept putting DS back in his spot at that age. No eye contact, no words. He got the message pretty quickly. Make sure his spot is boring with nothing to do. We have always used a chair in the hallway (two different houses). It does sound good in theory though! If you really want something to keep him in place, look at those over the chair fabric highchair on the go things the fabric goes between the legs, around the middle, and I think I've seen a few with shoulder straps. I can't link right now (on an iPod) but I will try to come back and link one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC