Just ONE stroller

BeckC

A friend is pregnant and asked me to help her find the perfect stroller, so I'm enlisting some help.

She only wants one stroller (small apartment and tiny trunk space). She wants it for walking outdoors and indoor shopping, but no jogging or anything. Her budget is around $200 but the cheaper the better. These are her requirements:

Compact fold (umbrella style preferably)
Full recline for newborn
Adjustable foot/calf support
Higher weight limit for older kid (45 pounds or more)
Extendable canopy
Good sized shopping basket
Good quality
Easy steering
It does NOT need to be carseat compatible but it's ok if it is
Does such a stroller exist?

ADS

canadiangie

I was going to sugges the P3 as well. It fits all of your needs.. the only thing is that some people find the basket hard to access because of the criss cross bars (the bars being the frame of the stroller) that sit under the seat.

Has full recline, awesome canopy, snack tray, calf support, is car seat compatible (Snugride, SS1, PPPVSIP), decent outdoors (don't forget to lube the wheels every month or so, and stay away from sand), and the fold is umbrella style which makes it more compact.

I have one btw, and love it.

It's back in rotation now that dd is 2 and is able to ride on the toddler footboard... 9m/o dd rides comfy in the seat... it's pretty awesome for in and out trips with two kids. :thumbsup:

IMO it's worth the price tag... :twocents:

BeckC

What's the difference between the 2007 P3 and the 2008?

Is it really that much of a discount because it's a year old? Do strollers really depreciate like that? Or was that not a good model or year or something?

The 2008 P3 is out of the budget but the 2007 is a great price.

BW1426

If I had to guess the discounted price has more to do with the color being discontinued than anything else.

canadiangie

There have been some changes to the P3 over the last yr or so, but nothing so amazing that an '07 isn't good enough. Good grief, I'd take an '05 P3, or an '04 P3, or heck even a Peg stroller circa 1995 before I'd take half of what's available out there. If you can get an '07 P3 in your price range the Scoop. It. Up. :thumbsup:

lml0523

I was one of those naive people that thought all strollers were the same!:eek: What was I thinking!:D

I just got the Pliko Lite in green from Albee Baby this past Monday! :thumbsup: I haven't used it out yet, but so far I LOVE it!!! :love:

This style was discontinued, but from what I can gather, it's the same as the P3s, except it doesn't have a footboard or toddler tray.

The outstanding perks for me (after a crappy Evenflo travel system and umbrella stroller):

-Folds like umbrella, but stands on it's own
-Opens and closes SUPER easy!!!
-Large canopy
-Adjustable leg support
-Recline, but not a flat recline
-Ability to attach infant carseat
-Super light

The things I had to compromise on:
-No parent tray
-No snack tray (I wonder if a P3 snack tray would fit?)
-Basket is large, but hard to get to

I would definitely go with the P3!!! The grey one is only $159!

BeckC

Well she's going for the P3! Thanks everyone for your help. The only bad part is that now I want one too even though we don't have kids yet. :whistle: Is that weird? lol

Lilsid

Just to add my :twocents: I love my Maclaren Global, It reclines fully and sits up fully, it has an adaptor for car seats, you can also add the matching car seat cover to your infant seat if you want a matching set. I never used it. I have a sun cover and a rain cover a bottle holder, It has an infant sherpa insert that is so soft, the canopy completely closes, and a front bar that is removable, It folds umbrella style and its a Mac.

Rosey

I was going to say the P3 or City Mini. (but I think the City Mini is just me living vicariously. I had a P3 and loved it!!!

vonfirmath

We use the City Mini as our ONE stroller (well, except for the tiny umbrella stroller for living at daycare sometimes/fitting into tight spots/playing around the house).

But it does not have an umbrella fold so I did not mention it.

BeckC

Ok now this is just for my own curiosity. :p

Is the CityMini good (better than the P3) for walking around outside like on grass? What about the beach? Or do you really need like a jogging stroller for that kind of thing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC