Helpful Frontier Measurements!

clintamykami

So excited we got our Frontier in yesterday! This morning my DD got to check it out- she LOVES it! Yay for comfy Britax! Since I had to order online and never got to see one in a store I finally got to check how she fit and how much room she had to grow. This will probably be our second car seat until she outgrows her MA. I just couldn't justify getting another MA and spending the same $$ for a seat that wouldn't last as long. She is within the height/weight limits (31 1/2 in and 28lbs) but the MA keeps her a little more snug. Yes the fabric is not as plush as we all know Britax, with her not being so little now I actually LOVE the mesh because it breathes great and for south TX that is a huge plus! It is still very soft and cushy! Anyway, thought I would post pics for anyone debating the Frontier! I am happy to say she has TONS of growing room and that this seat will last until she turns 11- we'll probably be using it for number 2 by then though.

S5001194.jpg

S5001193.jpg

The lowest harness slot- (the actual slot in the seat is slightly above the slot in the cover)
S5001198.jpg

This is the measurement I got at the highest harness slot
S5001197.jpg

Height of the headrest in the tallest harness setting
S5001203.jpg

Very roomy, my hips actually fit and I'm quite comfy in it!
S5001201.jpg

Buckle strap depths and depth of seat- very supportive and tons of leg room!
S5001202.jpg

TONS of room to grow!
S5001206.jpg

ADS

mish

I can't see the pics at work but I can't wait to look at them at home.

Any chance you would try it out in your truck for me?:)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Cute! My stomach lurched a little to see such a young kiddo in that seat till I realized she's well above the minimums AND I have a kiddo almost that age who also has that seat :whistle: She's also got 'baby hair' like your kiddo...that makes them look so much younger, doesn't it? I think she looks great in there! It's so cozy yet roomy at the same time, thanks for the pics and meassurements!!!!

Edit... http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/Frontier/photo#5208123891661469954 (but my dd's about 37 inches tall... )

clintamykami

I'll try it in the Silverado Ext Cab tonight and post pics tomorrow during naptime.

Yeah she does look very young- she's 26 months though so it's ok for her but I still prefer RF in MA for daily use. She does have baby hair and actually the top just started finally thickening up in the past couple months! She has more hair in the back but I usually put it up so she doesn't have such a horrible mullet! :p

horseymom

awsome, the red is very nice. do you still have the box? I need the measurements to figure out shipping ;)

clintamykami

Ok. Got it installed in my '01 Chevy Blazer. Tried to use SBP and got an acceptable install with the tether. Granted I only tried it once. Got it rock solid using LBP- but I used every last inch of the seatbelt. I actually had to sit on it and bounce while pushing the seatbelt into the buckle to get it to click. It came out very lopsided and after I fiddled with it it looks better. The only problem I found (nothing serious more of an annoyance) is with the seat pressed so hard to get it tight the car's seat presses on the bottom of the cupholders and keeps them open a little. Oh well. The tether helped the seat even out but the seat belt is very hard to adjust since it is so tight. I had to move the LATCH belt from it's "storage spot" to make it easier to finagle. I'll get more practice with it until I'm a pro! I won't let her ride in it just yet I'm still working on the install- getting it perfect. But atleast I know the belt is just long enough. And I'll work on the SBP too to see if I can get that rock solid. I wish I had LATCH... :sigh: I'll try it in my hubby's '98 Silverado Ext Cab and let you know how it goes. There is no tether so I probably won't use it in there but atleast some of you with questions can maybe get some answers before you order!
I apologize for the fuzzy pic my camera wasn't cooperating!

S5001210-1.jpg

S5001209-1.jpg

S5001208-1.jpg

Last edited:
IT is a nice seat. I am only made about the cup holders tilting(My son is always spilling his drinks like mcdonalds cups out of them) and the straps are very twisty! UGHHH!!! But, other than that I love it.

My 3 1/2 year old is still Rear facing in his FPSVD(30 pounds, 37 inches) and fits like Julie's daughter in it. My 5 1/2 year old has about 2 inches grow room left in it I think with harness.(have to make sure it doesn't go higher for harness).
I love it!

clintamykami

I can't see the pics at work but I can't wait to look at them at home.

Any chance you would try it out in your truck for me?:)

Tried it in the truck. Center lapbelt only I got a pretty good install with SBP, probably would be great with tether. The front of the seat is almost at the console, tight but there is room. Outboard lap/shoulder not so good. LBP is a no go and SBP I couldn't get it tight enough.
HTH!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC