Help me decide

U

Unregistered1

So M needs a new booster ASAP. She's right at the belt guides for the TB and cannot use it backless in my mom's car because the seat backs are too low. I was originally going to get her the Monterey but I'm not convinced I'll get enough use out of it for what I'm going to pay, it doesn't seem to go THAT much higher than the TB. So I'm looking at the Frontier, which I would probably ask for on swap because there's no way I could afford full price, and I know that would last her a long time, but I'm stuck on whether it would really work for us and justifying spending that much money that I really don't have. Would it be too tall for me to see properly out the back window? She has to be behind me because the tether anchor for A is on the other side. She could use the TB for a while in my car but she'll get too tall for that too since I don't have adjustable headrests.

I haven't five step tested her recently but I know she won't fit. And neither car that she rides in with us has side curtain air bags. She's now 72.5 lbs and 9 years old but nowhere near 4'9". I feel like I'm stuck. I want to get the frontier, try it out, see if it works for us, and if it does keep it, if not swap it... but I'm having trouble justifying buying a super expensive harnessed seat just to use the booster, and probably not for very long. Although I guess with a 9 year lifespan it will still be good when I have kids!

I can't decide!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'd say Recaro (for 199 at BRU and an 8 y lifespan), but do you not have a top tether in that position? The Start requires a top tether :(

U

Unregistered1

I'd say Recaro (for 199 at BRU and an 8 y lifespan), but do you not have a top tether in that position? The Start requires a top tether :(

No I do not, well I have a tether point and could get one installed but my dealership charges $80 per anchor (lame, I know). The car is actually at the dealership now having the first one installed. How high does the back of the Recaro go? Is it as high as the Frontier? Higher than the Monterey?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC