Radian on sale- but check out the shipping!!

ADS

mamaofthree

For a company even?? I don't see how a business can afford to offer free shipping then. I find it hard to believe they'd be giving $50 discounts.

Kimberly

Unfortunately, that probably is very close to the actual shipping costs. Despite what many consumers believe, there is very little discount on ground shipping through most of the major carriers, even for business.

Car seats tend to be loss leaders. Even though a seat may cost the end consumer $300.00, the take home for the business could be a little as a few percent. A $300.00 seat may be almost $200.00 wholesale. The mark up is 50%, but the unadjusted net is only 33% ($100.00 on a $300.00 sale). Now if you factor in that it can cost 10-15% of the base price of the seat to ship it into a store ($20-$30) and up to $55.00 to ship a seat across the country, the end result may be only a Net to the business of $15.00 on that $300.00 dollar sale.

Now assume that there is a 3% merchant fee for the privilege of accepting a credit card, which amounts to $9.00 on that $300.00 sale. The take home is now only $6.00 for that $300.00 seat.

All of this assumes that you have no overhead to sell your seat (i.e. employees, bank charges, phones, lights, internet costs, website maintenance, etc.). Tying up large amounts of capital into car seats is painful for all but the largest of stores. Given the above, you might invest $6400 to make $192. Granted, that is the worst possible case.

I suspect free shipping on car seats will soon be a thing of the past given the high costs of gas and continuous price increases for raw materials. Business won't be able to offer shipping deals on car seats, that many consumers have come to expect as standard.

ProudMomof5

Man I am glad that wasn't seriously a good deal, I JUST bought a radian online. I spend $192 AFTER shipping. It was $159 before shipping. Its the absolute cheapest I can find online. I got it from dmartstores. Last time I ordered a radian from them it came in less than a week later! Not to bad of a deal!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC