2006 Perego Pliko Lite or Chicco Trevi??

lml0523

We're flying from Florida to California in 2 weeks and I need a stroller that will be ok to use in the airport, but also good to use outdoors, going to the aquarium, malls, etc. I don't think I want "lightweight" stroller like a Volo, but I could be persuaded. DS is 27 mos old, and this will be his main stroller when we return.

I mostly want a stroller that either has a parent tray or can fit a universal one well, a snack tray, and a storage bin. I have a travel system and an umbrella stroller, I want something in the middle- light enough to travel with, but lots of perks. :)

Out of the 2 I mentioned (from albeebaby), which would you recommend? Is there another stroller you think would be better? I'm trying to stay under $150. Thanks for all your help!

ADS
I am in the same delimma as you! I am looking at the trevi and britax preview. I love love the trevi, but the cover is not removable. you can only wipe it clean. I didnt see that perego. how does it fold up?

Jewels

Senior Community Member
P3 :D

I have a P3 and love it. I have a Jolly Jumper parent tray that works well with it. It folds great and I have taken the cover off to wash it with no problems at all.

ETA: I see you said the Pliko Lite not the P3 but I still vote the Peg :love: over the Chicco.

jsta1005

I have a Trevi and I absolutely love it! It is so easy to push, fold, use in general. The only bummer is the sun shade is really little. But you could always get one of the ones to add more protection.

My vote would be Pliko. Either the lite version or the regular p3.
Have had both and loved both.
The lite does not recline as far back, but should be fine for 27 month old.
Folds great and massive basket underneath. deffo go with Pliko.....:)

jennypenny

I love my Lite. I have had it for about 2 years now, and still looks and folds and rolls like new. Even after multiple trips through the airports and gate checking.

Morganthe

An alternate suggestion, if you don't mind me butting in, would be to look at an Ergo or another type of soft baby/toddler carrier instead of a stroller for your trip.

I travelled with my dd in her Ergo and on my back through airports when she was 2.5 years. there's no way it would have been pleasant hauling a stroller everywhere, especially when it was crowded and loud. She was so much calmer in a strange location up against me, than if she had been sitting alone in a stroller seeing only people's knees.

It folded up into a bag or just wrapped around my waist when she wasn't on my back and waiting in those long security lines, she'd just relax by snacking, or closing her eyes. I'd just hand her food or her sippy cup to drink. It was so easy to calm her by talking since she could hear me very well. We'd see other toddlers just flipping out from the stress and Mommies still having to carry them, PLUS push the stroller, Plus deal with the luggage..
DD & I got the stares of amazement from other passengers & queuers, but they always smiled at us in amazement for however tired she was, she remained quiet and calm. (Moving from Germany to TX in one fell swoop with a 3 day flight delay wasn't fun for anyone :p )

I also never had to worry about stroller damage, escalators, airport trams, getting lost in transit, dealing another large item or cramming it in the rental car with all the other baggage we had.

I consider it my most favorite & handy gear I ever obtained for her. I bought it when she was 18 mos for about $100 with shipping. It's still very usable with dd turning 5 years in Sept., DH is planning to wear her when we visit him and she tires out from day hiking trip.

Anyway, just a thought for you ;) Good luck with whatever you decide to do. :D

lml0523

Thanks everyone! It looks like the pliko it is.

Morganthe- Thank you very much for your rec of the Ergo baby. I'm extremely interested because we are also planning to visit the Redwoods in Cali and this would be perfect for that! I wish I had known about this when DS was younger, but it will be great if he likes it. I found a website that will give you a 90 day money back guarantee, so that will be a great way for me to try it out! www.myfavoritebabycarrier.com

Morganthe

That's a cute video -- one thing she forgot to say or didn't realize, is that the easiest way to wear a kid free ergo is to just clip the chest strap around the waist for a slightly thick belt. Letting it hang down free from the waist would be really annoying.

Looks like the price is going up TODAY! :eek: Not bad considering inflation. I paid $94 for the Ergo + waist purse & free shipping around March 2005ish.

This 40lb limit is a wierd concept... there wasn't any for when we bought ours and I think it's a recent development. From what I understand, it's more of a suggestion for the person to carrying child than a real "OMG! It's going to break!" thing. ;)
DH determined he can comfortably port dd until around 60-65lbs if necessary and he's had back surgery :shrug-shoulders:.
This was taken last Sept right after dd turned 4 and ranging daily from 39-41lbs :rolleyes:
47b7ce22b3127ccebd7dd7db621a00000025100IZMW7Fu3bMb

lml0523

Morganthe-

I received the Ergo Baby from the above website in record time- less than a week and that's with free shipping! :thumbsup:

I tried it with DS, who probably weighs 29 lbs., front and back it was amazing!! I SO wish I knew this existed when he was younger. I went through 2 different carriers with him and they were never really comfortable.

DS LOVED being in this and he didn't feel heavy at all! :love: I'm going to make use of this during our trip!

THANK YOU for recommending this! I'll definitely be letting all the prego moms I know know about this!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC