sit and stands

emars002

I have and evenflo take me too and it is pain - it is huge and hard to push - are there any good sit and stands out there? Something thats rides nice even if only DD2 is in it - folds smaller than the evenflo - DD1 rarely rides so a sit/stand type would be nice - any recommendations?:)

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's expensive and on backorder, but the Joovy Caboose Ultralight is definitely the best one right now... easiest to push, folds pretty small....cute colors, even. www.strollerqueen.com (in the newnewnews section)has it on a review with other Joovys and it looks great!

The regular caboose might be fine, too, probably better than an Evenflo, at least....

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I know, I would have gotten one to be my Pool Stroller so I could push the baby and the 20 pounds of towels and snacks, if I hadn't bought a wagon for that purpose and DH wouldn't be mad about it for EVER, lol.

Brendan's Mom

We have the ultralight and LOVE IT! DS#1 is 47lbs and 4 1/2. He was too big for any other double stroller. He loves to ride, but can quickly hop off to do activities, go on rides or play with a buddy.

Pros:
lightweight
super easy to steer
folds easily
large canopy
love the cup holders

Cons:
bench seat isn't very roomy
front seat doesn't fully recline

We are so happy with our purchase and I pushed both boys totaling 70lbs around for 7 hours on Friday. It was great and easy! Good Luck.....Tasha

Maggie

Another vote for the Joovy Caboose. LOVE IT!! I looked at the Baby Trend first, but it seems poorly made compared to the Joovy. I wanted a stroller that was sturdy and lasted a long time.

I too had the Take me too and after that experience I learned you get what you pay for with strollers.

I can't say enough good things about the Joovy. It is hard to find right now. I actually bought the floor model a my BRU b/c they were backordered and I REALLY wanted one.

I use mine for my 14 month old and 4.5 yr old. My 4.5 yr is is 42 lbs and a super tall 45". She fits great and it pushes really smooth and easy with her on.

I've also used the infant seat adaptor with our SS1 and it works great.

I know it says it's only for two kids, but I've had 2 kids standing on the platform before with plenty of room. Bad mom. LOL

jsta1005

I tried the Joovy In BRU a few months ago and I didn't like it at all... Even with no kids it seemed hard to push and it was big to fold. I was disappointed.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I tried the Joovy In BRU a few months ago and I didn't like it at all... Even with no kids it seemed hard to push and it was big to fold. I was disappointed.

Was that the Ultralight, though? There's a pretty big difference between the models....

emars002

from the reviews and everything i have looked up in the past couple hours it seems the ultralight is a big improvement over the original - like 8lbs lighter, easier to stear - ect. - I am still working on DH b/c the original is $100 less but i told him it i not worth $100 if it is heavy and hard to stear - i found it in stock in the sage - which is the one i like - hopefully he will give in!

Maggie

I tried both the Ultralight and the regular and really didn't find much of a difference. The Ultralight has the huge canopy which is nice for the sit and stand rider. It is lighter, but the regular is also easy to steer and fold IMO.

MUCH better than any stadium seating double I've ever used!

lovemybabies924

thats why i got the peg perego p3 it has the toddler step on the back but it folds like an umbrella stroller...my DD and SS hardly ever want to ride but when one wants to they just climb up and it still pushes like a dream!! albeebaby.com has awesome prices! the centro completo has the toddler step too. if u wanna see pics just type in the names of the strollers on here...thats how i picked what one to get lol

I love my joovy ultralight.
I live in uk and there are no sit and stand type pushchairs over here.
Searched all seattle and San francisco on a recent visit to usa and finally tracked one down to bring back over with me.
Kids love it and although quite big, fits in car with tray and hood removed.
My sister has me getting another one for her when we go on holiday to florida in 2 days - just got to find somewhere that sells them while we are there......!!!!!!

emars002

I found the fisher price stand and ride duo at big lots accidentally today while returning my uptown - i actually really like it! Steers well, tons of room for both kids and i really liked that it was $99 - Dh liked the price and its not pink!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC