Question Does Ford Super Duty 450 truck have lower anchors?

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Does anyone know whether the 2008 Ford Super Duty 450 truck has lower LATCH anchors? We had a dad come through today with this vehicle, and we could NOT find the lower anchors. He said that they couldn't find them when he took the car seat to the fire department in the past, either. We folded the seats even to search, and just could not find them. There were top tethers, but I know some large trucks that are exempt from needing LATCH still have top tethers as a convenience.

This is the vehicle I'm referring to - his was even black, LOL.
http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/superduty/?space=Trucks

We installed it with the seat belt, so all is well, but I just wondered about the lower anchors.

ADS

crunchierthanthou

Did he not have the owner's manual? You wouldn't think he would have lost it already for an 08.

The F250-F550 are exempt from lower anchor requirements by weight. TAs are installed voluntarily. The same goes for the Excursion.

One more note if it was a super cab- those have the weird loop style TAs where you route through the one directly behind the seating position and connect to an adjacent one. Both outboard seats can connect to the center loop.

U

Unregistered

Does anyone know whether the 2008 Ford Super Duty 450 truck has lower LATCH anchors? We had a dad come through today with this vehicle, and we could NOT find the lower anchors. He said that they couldn't find them when he took the car seat to the fire department in the past, either. We folded the seats even to search, and just could not find them. There were top tethers, but I know some large trucks that are exempt from needing LATCH still have top tethers as a convenience.

This is the vehicle I'm referring to - his was even black, LOL.
http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/superduty/?space=Trucks

We installed it with the seat belt, so all is well, but I just wondered about the lower anchors.

I dont belive it does I looked in the manual on line it shows seat belt install then talks about tethers then talks about tires and stuff. I think non of the super duty trucks in Fords dont have lower anchors (Trucks that are 350s and up I could be wrong). If the truck is a super crew cab the tethers are behind the seat must fold down and attach the tether to the same seat. if its a super crew you route the tether through the seat the child seat is sitting on then attach to center the tethers are near the top of the seat raise the head rest up, you dont have to fold the seat down.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I didn't check the vehicle except to look for the lower anchors (I checked the other TWO cars they brought), but the tech who installed the seat said it didn't have the loop-style tether anchors - I asked her specifically about that.

He did have the manual. I looked in the manual and it showed the positions for top tethers but I couldn't find anything about lower anchors. (I'm just asking here because I was curious.) We discussed the top tether and the apparent lack of lower anchors with the parents at length, so I would think that if they had had the tether anchors installed, they would have said "You know, we had to have those top ones installed ... " but you never know what parents will forget to mention. :rolleyes:

mburks26

well darn I wasnt signed in when I posted and cant edit what I said about the tethers I meant if it was super cab then you have to thread through the tether that the child seat is sitting on and then attach it to the center one.tether anchor should be just about the seat back move the head rest up. and for Super Crew fold down the seat and attach it to the one the child seat is on.

sorry

crunchierthanthou

We discussed the top tether and the apparent lack of lower anchors with the parents at length, so I would think that if they had had the tether anchors installed, they would have said "You know, we had to have those top ones installed ... " but you never know what parents will forget to mention. :rolleyes:

I think they came factory installed. By voluntarily, I meant Ford includes TAs as a courtesy in their heavy trucks. They're not under any requirement to do it.

well darn I wasnt signed in when I posted and cant edit what I said about the tethers I meant if it was super cab then you have to thread through the tether that the child seat is sitting on and then attach it to the center one.tether anchor should be just about the seat back move the head rest up. and for Super Crew fold down the seat and attach it to the one the child seat is on.

yeah, the super crew (four full doors) will have regular TAs. Super cabs will have the loop style. That is, unless they changed it for 2008- which I hope. I'm not a fan of the loop style. Those are good tips for how to use them. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC