Question re: Graco Nautilus

Carefulove

Hello is me again,

Following the advice I got here, I got 2 Nautiluses from BRU yesterday. I assembled them last night and my boys LOVE them! They are super comfy!
My question is, where do I store the “Shoulder belt positioning clip” I couldn’t find in the manual where to store it since we won’t be using it for a while and I don’t want it to be "separated" from the seat. It may get lost or I won’t remember where I put it when is time to use it in a few years.
Can I put it together with the manuals? (Tucked under the seat)
TIA

PS: I am so glad I found this place, I was ready to buy them turbo boosters a week ago. I am glad I spent a few more dollars but got my children a safer seat for their age/weight! Thanks All! ;)

ADS

mish

There isn't anywhere on the seat to put the shoulderbelt positioning clip. Honestly though, I wouldn't use one. My reasoning for this is that if they are ready for a lbb, they shouldn't need it. If they don't fit in a lbb properly without that belt positioning clip, they should still be in a hbb. This is my opinion, and may not reflect the opinion of anyone else.

Carefulove

There isn't anywhere on the seat to put the shoulderbelt positioning clip. Honestly though, I wouldn't use one. My reasoning for this is that if they are ready for a lbb, they shouldn't need it. If they don't fit in a lbb properly without that belt positioning clip, they should still be in a hbb. This is my opinion, and may not reflect the opinion of anyone else.
It makes a lot of sense, I didn't think of that! tks

mish

Your welcome. All of that aside, I'm not telling you to throw it away! You never know what circumstances you might be in that would force you to use it. I would just store them somewhere and try to remember. Off the top of my head, I think mine is in the pantry. I don't know why, but that is where I stuck it.

Carefulove

Your welcome. All of that aside, I'm not telling you to throw it away! You never know what circumstances you might be in that would force you to use it. I would just store them somewhere and try to remember. Off the top of my head, I think mine is in the pantry. I don't know why, but that is where I stuck it.

Noooo, I still have the manuals of every carseats, highchairs and strollers my children had. I just don't know where!
I'll keep it, just have to find a place for it! ;)

Heather98012

Maybe hide them in the drawer behind your cutlery? Or in your underwear drawer? LOL....I'm just thinking of places where they won't get thrown away by accident.

Glad your twins love them. Plus, you honestly got a much nicer seat for not a lot of cash, which is always a cool thing!

mish

I still have manuals for toys that my kids don't even play with. I am such a packrat. I have no space, but I can't throw things away.

I forgot to say I'm glad you love your seats!

Carefulove

Maybe hide them in the drawer behind your cutlery? Or in your underwear drawer? LOL....I'm just thinking of places where they won't get thrown away by accident.

Glad your twins love them. Plus, you honestly got a much nicer seat for not a lot of cash, which is always a cool thing!

Just called the Police station to have them installed in my car and move the Apexs to DH's truck! I am keeping the new ones:whistle:

mish

That's great! Be sure the technician teaches you how to install them also. You always need to make sure you can install your own seats in case you ever have to. In fact, most of us enjoy installng seats, so who knows. Some day you might be as addicted to car seats as everyone on this board.:D

Carefulove

Oh, I can. In fact, the ETs in DH's truck were installed by me and DH was forbidden to touch them. LOL
But I had the Apexs installed by a tech on my car and I love how they fit.
Thanks again!

tjham

I have a shelf in a closet for carseat stuff, with parts and covers there, some of it for seats I no longer even own :rolleyes: .
Guess I should see if anyone needs any of it someday.

Yes, learn to install them yourself. It's a necessary skill and it's fun !
(well, unless it's 100 degrees out and you just hurt your back :whistle: )

Oops, posted at the same time!

Kat_Momof3

I saved mine in case there is a freak car that makes it needed, but now that we have the Monterey, I'll never need it.... but it is saved, for when I no longer need the seat. (the Monterey can then get handed down unless Jeffrey is still using it... and then, he would go in the backless, not Ruthie)

Carefulove

In installed them myself this weekend and had an officer at the local police station check them today. I am proud of myself he said I did a great job! :D
Also had him install the AE in DH's truck.

AND...

We all love the Nautiluses. They are soooo comfy! My boys are in love with their seats!

ETA: I put the Shoulder belt positioning clip together with the manuals in the back of the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC