News Britax Marathon $204.99 at AlbeeBaby

ADS

zdaliah

Hi everyone, my first post here. This is such an informative site, its great!

as for the Marathon, I saw the price of $204 basically on all the baby/car seats sites Saturday. I logged on Sunday night to buy one, and to my shock, the freakin price increased to $279 on every site that sells the Marathon!!

thats even higher than retail B&M stores.
Does the price always fluctuate so much on these Marathon's?

thanks

vonfirmath

Hi everyone, my first post here. This is such an informative site, its great!

as for the Marathon, I saw the price of $204 basically on all the baby/car seats sites Saturday. I logged on Sunday night to buy one, and to my shock, the freakin price increased to $279 on every site that sells the Marathon!!

thats even higher than retail B&M stores.
Does the price always fluctuate so much on these Marathon's?

thanks

No. There was a scheduled price increase to $279 as of June 1st. You'll see the same price increase in B&M stores I expect.

Plus, Britax tightened down on their sale policy so neither B&M nor online stores can put it on sale except for during certain times of year (September and February in the past).

So everyone online was having their "last fling" before the new price/rules went into effect.

zdaliah

No. There was a scheduled price increase to $279 as of June 1st. You'll see the same price increase in B&M stores I expect.

Plus, Britax tightened down on their sale policy so neither B&M nor online stores can put it on sale except for during certain times of year (September and February in the past).

So everyone online was having their "last fling" before the new price/rules went into effect.

thanks for the info, now that really stinks :(
We are looking for an extra car seat (already have another marathon), and I wish I had known about this scheduled price increase last week.

bfmarini

Next Britax Authorized sale is June 22nd - June 28.

Even during the sale periods, Britax is enforcing a minimum price of $249.99 for the Marathons.

bfmarini

I am a retailer for Britax. When they sent out the new prices, they also sent along a new pricing guideline. I'm not sure how they will enforce it since the internet is so vast. It will be interesting to see what happens when the sale period begins.

zdaliah

you can still get them cheaper off ebay.. i just bought a granite marathon off ebay for $235 + 10% off from paypal = $211

seller was excellent, and the manufacture date was May 08.

cso1997

Very few places on Ebay are authorized retailers. It really isn't a good idea to buy off Ebay unless you know the store well...for example Albeebaby has an Ebay store. I would feel safe buying there.

aksansmom

i just received my cowmooflage marathon from babycatalog.com. its $214 like 2 weeks ago when I ordered it. and the DOM is May 2008. GREAT!

ZephyrBlue

Another problem with buying Britax on ebay- if you purchase from an unauthorized retailer and have a warranty issue, Britax does not have to honor the warranty. If you are asked for proof of purchase and can't show that you bought from an auth. retailer, you're out of luck.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC