Where to arrange 3 seats in 2005 dodge grand caravan

jamijesse

We just found out very unexpectedly that we are going to have baby number three! We currently have a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan with the stow and go seats.

Right now my six year old is in her Britax Regent in the seat behind the driver and my 22 month old is in his marathon behind the passenger seat.

I'm concerned though thinking of having to put a car seat in the weird backseat. If anyone else has a van like this do you notice that the very back seat almost seems reclined? Whenever my friend from out of town visits my husband puts her carseat back there and he just can't seem to get a really tight fit where he can in the other two seats.

Plus I've heard that the very back seat is much more dangerous in a crash. I'm thinking I'll have to put my six (soon to be seven) year old in the very back as she can buckle herself. I feel guilty like I'm putting one child more at risk. Am I wrong in thinking this?

What would be the best way to go about using three seats?

ADS

emars002

I have a 2001 dodge caravan and had to put my 5 year old's FF MA back there for a trip with my other daughter and my neice in the middle - The seat fit fine back there - It was not any harder to install than in the middle (I have a bench seat for the middle) I did use latch though - i don't know if the seat belt install would give you more problems.

Mommypooh

Granted my Caravan is a 99 but I have no problem with safety and putting 2 of my children in the back with one in the middle. If it were that dangerous I don't think there would be a seat back there. Just my 2 cents. I have a Regent and a Boulevard in my back seat and have done the same when in my FIL's caravan which I know has stow n go seats just not sure of the year. I just find it easier to stow on seat in his van so i can get everyone in and check the harness and such. I install with the seatbelt with no trouble in either vehicle. I think it is fine to do.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC