Frontier installed....finally!!

Heather98012

It's a festivus miracle!! After reading some of the tips posted on how to wiggle some extra room for a LBP install, we got the Frontier in my vehicle!! Can you hear the angels singing?? :D

On a more serious note, my last question is this: When you say the seat cannot move more than 1" at the beltpath, you mean down below where the lap belt is (ie: close to the seat), correct? I'm asking because the seat only moves about 1/2-3/4" down there, but seems a bit looser at the top of the seat (however, I didn't have the tether on, as I read that doesn't count). Does this sound like an acceptable install to you guys?

Thanks so much!

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Yes, you're looking at how much the base of the seat moves where the seatbelt goes through it (or moreso around it in this case.) If the base of the carseat is moving less than 1" side to side on the vehicle seat, then you're good. :thumbsup:

Yay for perseverance and getting it to work! :)

Heather98012

And my excitement continues! I was on the phone with a friend of mine & told her I got the seat installed, but that I was cranky 'cause I wanted to get 2 from Amazon at the sale price. She wants to buy this one from me (she didn't want two) & will just pay me for it. So, I ordered 2 from Amazon (one for each car) & got the red & pink, for 20% off....& they are in stock & will ship on Monday! WOO HOO!!!

My dh said to me last night "I don't remember the last time I have seen you this happy." LOL.....finally a good install, a pink one, & a discount to boot? I hit the Frontier motherload. :D

Heather98012

Do you have the tether on now? I am just checking. I didn't know if that meant you weren't attaching it, or that you just haven't done it yet.

No, I know to attach it. I just meant that the wiggle room was prior to attaching the tether. Defiantely will be using the tether!!

mish

I thought so, but I wanted to make sure. Congrats on the install! I would love to try to install one of these.

Heather98012

:thumbsup:Wow, ordered my two seats from Amazon last night around 6:30 PM PST & they have already shipped. Doing a little happy dance now!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC