Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

3 seats across in a full size SUV easily?

We are looking at buying a full size SUV as we need a vehicle with a high towing capacity that can seat at least 4 kids and a big dog. This will most likely be an 8 seater Nissan Armada.

Is is pretty easy to put 3 forward facing car seats across the 2nd row bench? Does one need to look for narrow seats like a Radian to do this easily, or can it be done with all but the largest of seats? We are in Canada but the truck will be from the US. The car seats will all be Canadian, so things like Frontier, Radian, and what we have now Eddie Bauer High back comfort carseat/boosters.

Thanks,
    Marcie

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: 3 seats across in a full size SUV easily?

my tahoe fits 3 across and has 3rd row.
    may be a good solution (even though I am not loving it at the moment)
    the 3rd row seats can come out so you can leave one seat in for older kid and other seat out so its easier for oldest to get in and out. ohh and it has cargo hook in the back. we have a harness on our dong and I thread her leash through the cargo hook and tie it off to prevent her from being a projectile.
    Breana AJ SAHM to 3 crazy LO's -
    Bubba 4/04 Princess 12/05 peanut aka "big D" 05/07
    Regent...... - Regent...... - Decathlon in between

Re: 3 seats across in a full size SUV easily?

If I can fit 3 across in my Envoy, with the Husky, a bigger vehicle will be a breeze.

Joni
    Sunshine, 11, 5'3", 100 lbs in a 15.5" saddle