infant seat decision

henrietta

We already have a 5 point harness Fisher Price SIV that expires in December 2008, and our new baby is due at the end of September. Our first son was born at 29 wks, and the SIV worked reasonably well w/rolled towels next to his head and a washcloth between the crotch strap and baby (he came home at 4 lbs).

This baby is doing great and we aren't really expecting a super premature delivery, but I like the Chicco Keyfit regardless, and I do think that I'll use an infant seat all winter (well past December), b/c we have a soon to be 3 yrs old, too.

I need opinions---I'm pretty sure that I'd like to purchase the Keyfit, but I'm trying to decide if I should buy it now w/my $20 off coupon for BRU. Will there be another sale/coupons like this over the summer? The coupon I have expires at the end of this month. We won't need an infant seat after this baby, so we'll be gifting or selling it when the baby outgrows it.

Thanks for your replies!

henrietta

(Anyone know of someone who needs an infant carseat--we actually have two that have a bit of life left in them.)

ADS

canadiangie

The Keyfit is my fave. No, I've never seen one IRL, but I've read and seen so much wonderful stuff about them that it's my dream infant seat.

FWIW, my dd came home at 3lbs 10oz and I would have given anything for a Keyfit (not approved for use here). I understand the harness adjusts down very small and the infant insert makes things super cozy for baby. I know you said this baby is doing well, but it never hurts to be prepared you know?

So I'd scoop up a Keyfit with the $20 off coupon and enjoy! :)

OT, Steph...

Do you remember me from bbc? I used to be lazydaisy_2005? Now I'm, um, buckleupbuttercup... anyway, wasn't Ryan in a BV??? And now he's in a MA?? Why the switch? Was it a headwing issue??

I'm thinking about a BV for Sophie if/when they ever come to Canada.... but am *slightly* worried she won't dig the headwings, and pull her head fwd all the time. So any advice on this is much appreciated.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC