Question Monterey ?'s

amjbmommy

How many yr's is a Monterey good for from the DOM? I think we're going to be ordering 2 Monterey's for dd and ds#1. dd is 56 1/2" and 66lbs. I think she'ld definately get another yr or so until the max height of 63" (hopefully more but she's growing like a weed!!) Also when a child is in the Monterey with the height on pretty much the top adjustment is this a safety issue since they'ld be so high up in the vehicle or does the safety of the child being in the Monterey outweigh the risk of being so high up? I hope I'm making sense..... currently dd is in a backless TB and the seatbelt fits great both in the shoulder and thigh placement but I'ld like to get more protection around her. She also does fit fine in just the seatbelt alone. I'm plannning on ordering the grey or red that way I can eventually pass it down to ds#2 if the life expectency is long enough. Thanks for any help :)

ADS

Mommy2Five

The manual says 6 yrs.
The Monterey doesn't "sit" any higher than a TB & the headrest is only about 3" taller.....maybe I'm not understanding the question....

amjbmommy

I guess my ? is that when dd is nearing 63" so that the headrest would be at it's highest setting it seems that she would be sitting so high up in the car because of the booster seat. My one worry is that she would be vulnerable being so high up in the car if we ever got in an accident (projectiles and such)

Mommy2Five

I guess my ? is that when dd is nearing 63" so that the headrest would be at it's highest setting it seems that she would be sitting so high up in the car because of the booster seat. My one worry is that she would be vulnerable being so high up in the car if we ever got in an accident (projectiles and such)

I would guess it would be much safer than her sitting up that high w/o the SIP that the high back provides... :twocents:

amjbmommy

I would guess it would be much safer than her sitting up that high w/o the SIP that the high back provides... :twocents:
That's my line of thinking although w/o the Monterey sitting just in the seat with seatbelt (which she does fine and passes the 5 step test) she'ld be a bit lower although not as protected but not as high up in the seat. I wish there was an IRL store that I could try the seat in my car with her in it. I can order them online at Walmart so if it didn't work/didn't like it I could return them.... I wish Target online sold them since I have a Target card :p

Stretchy Glue

Here's a copy of the email from Russ. I've asked if it will be retro active, waiting on that reply:

Joni,

Right now we say 6 years for Monterey, but I would not be surprised if
we increased the expiration date in the future - like we did with
Radian.

Best regards,
Russ Berger

Sunshine Kids
3104 142nd Ave. East
Suite 105
Sumner, WA 98390
Tel: 253-859-5700 x 240
Fax: 253-859-5800
Email: russ@skjp.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 1:18 PM
To: Russ Berger
Subject: RE: Monterey

Russ, there is a discussion in Car-Seat.org about the expiration of the
Monterey. The chat on March 4 said 7 years, but the manual says 6. Can
you clear this up for us?

Joni

ginny4

thanks joni! hopefully it will be retroactive if they change it. cause i REALLY could use an extra year or so of lifespan.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC