regent long path latch

kappel11

Hi, I installed my dd's Regent using the long path with latch yesterday. I was really confused with how the latch strap was supposed to be threaded through. It is in the car really tight and doesn't move a bit... This is how I have it:

There is a little strap that holds the latch straps in the seat. I brought both sides of the latch strap over to one side and through the slot in the seat.

Then I it so it went over the harness straps on the back of the seat. One strap went back through the slot in the seat on one side and the othe side through the slot on the other side of the seat.

The straps then go around the outside/front of the seat, on the outside of the recline bar and latched.

The seat is also anchored on top/behind.

Does that sound right? I'm just not sure about the first step.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! It was really easy to get a nice tight fit, so i hope it's in right! :) Kelly

ADS

Mama!

Go to Britax website.

at the bottom, click Installation videos.

Then In the drop down box to the right, click Regent LBP Latch installation.

A video will clearly show you how to thread the latch so that's correct.

crunchierthanthou

I don't see the installation videos for the Regent, either- just harness adjustment, vehicle compatibility and cover removal. :confused:

It does sound like you have it correct. The LATCH strap goes over the harness on the back of the seat and is routed around to the front through the beltpath slots on the sides. Then it goes over the front of the sides of the seat to the outsides and needs to be routed outside the recline bar. The most recent version of the Regent manual also makes it clear that LBP LATCH needs to be routed under the cover.

What vehicle is it and how much does your daughter weigh?

kappel11

Does the whole thing need to be under the cover? I didn't do that! I was confused about how to get the latch strap to the back of the seat so that it went over the harness straps.... Why do they make it so confusing!?

the car: 2008 Hyundai Sonata
the child: 43" 33.5 lbs 41/2 yrs old :)

Thanks! Kelly

kappel11

i just looked at my instructions again and it shows the picture of the straps going over the arms on the outside of the cover. The seat I have is from last year. I have the new latch strap installed that had a recall and the new instructions that they sent with the kit.
After reading the instructions for how to route the latch straps to the short route, I think i do have it right for the long. I wish they could just be clear or have clear instruction pictures. :p

PixieEMT

If you go to Kyledavidmiller.org they have a video about Radian and Regent installations. It is very long though (like 45minutes) I 'm not sure if they have LATCH route covered, I only watched the first 5minutes of it yesterday, then had to go on a call. :(
The website had nothing on britaxusa.com , they must have removed them. :(

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
If you go to the Britax website and look at the instruction manual for the newer Regents (from Feb of this year), it has slightly clearer illustrations, IIRC. It'll show the LATCH strap going under the cover, but the routing will be the same as what you have.

kappel11

Thanks for suggesting the kyle miller video. i watched that this moring. she has to switch it to the long route, but it's hard to see how she does it! (of coarse!!!!) :)

Then i looked at the instruction manuals online (thank you!). I looked at the new one and then at the one for my seat. The one for my seat is actually much easier to understand online b/c the pictures are bigger! I'm pretty sure the seat is installed correctly. I am going to leave it with the straps over the cover since those are the instructions for the model that I have.

Thank you all so much for your help!!! :) Kelly

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC