Is it Nessicary to have ALL your seats checked??

Mommy2Marcus

I personally think that I should have ALL the different seats that I have that are in the cars checked. DH however thinks since I had my Marathon checked & I did it right that I know what I am doing & that I should not have to get the other 2 checked. I told him that they are different seats in different cars, so they ALL need to be checked. He thinks I am crazy. Is he right or am I? Is it nessicary to have them ALL checked since they are different? Please tell me I am right!

ADS

abacus2

Since it's free, there's no reason not to if it would ease your mind and give you more confidence. Once you have learned and know what you're doing, there's no reason you should have to go back. On the other hand, it never hurts to double check something as important as a car seat.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Yes, it's a good idea.

I had a mom yesterday who did an awesome job installing her dd's seat - rock solid! The harness was nice & tight too! However, she was using a Mighty Tite which I now have as a new paper weight and showed her how to get her lightweight locking latchplates to hold and she didn't know she had tethers - they were retrofitted by the previous owner - she also didn't realize that the headrest needed to be raised for her son in a backless booster. She was the "best" overall seat check I have done, she had the fewest mistakes of any seat check I have ever done (not counting repeat parents ;) they tend to do a great job when they come back for a recheck!).

Considering that the average seat has 3 misuses, it's not a bad idea to have them all checked.

Mommy2Marcus

Thanks Gypsy! I was pretty sure it was a good idea to have them all checked. I also know that the Scenera can be a bit of a PITB to install right so I want to make sure I have it right! So I will be going Monday to have my Scenera checked & hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday to have my EFTA checked as well! Thanks again!

I want to add here that I bought 2 Mighty Tights at a yard sale last summer, but have NEVER used them....mostly b/c I was unsure how to & I lost them. Good thing huh? I would NEVER use them now even if I found them thanks to all of the wonderful people here & my other board saying not to!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
At the events I do, we HAVE to check all the seats. Even if a parent comes for just one seat, we insist on checking all of them. (That's for events--I don't know what people do at individual fitting stations.)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
We check all seats as well. Even the mom that said, "oh no, you don't have to do that one, it's just the day care kid"

Mommy2Marcus

I am asking should I have ALL seats that are in different cars checked. Like my Marathon is in DH's car, my Scenera is in my car & my Triumph is in my moms car. I was wondering if I should take each car with each seat to have them checked?? I still think I should & will b/c I want to make sure I have them ALL installed properly just in case as it will ease my mind!

I am also kind of hoping the tech tells me to turn my 19 month old DS FF b/c his legs touch or some crazy thing like that. I want to educate someone...LOL! Am I crazy? I also kind of hope they do not tell me to turn him FF & know about ERF, b/c that means they are educating others as well, but from what I see around here, they are not telling people! So maybe I can tell him something he/she didn't know that will make kids safer!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC