Need suggestions for 2007 Dodge Caravan

abttrflykss

IL's are looking to get their own car seat for my 19 month old daughter. She is about 21-22 lbs and about 30". They don't want to spend alot (altho money isn't an issue) but they want to get good use out of the seat. Oh and I still have her RFing (her father is another story:mad:) so convertible car seat suggestions are what I'm looking for.
I was thinking about the Scenera but I'm questioning the 40lb FFing limit. I'm not sure why, since my girls are tiny. My oldest is 6 1/2 and she's about 55-58lbs, so I'm not too concerned with the baby outgrowing the seat by weight.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Oh one more question....can a RFing seat be tethered in these vans?

ADS

my2kidsSafe

If you do not want to spend alot you could go with the Evenflo triumph advance make sure it is the advance though. But if you want something that you can teether i recommend the britax marathon as that can be tethered rear facing. Another option with the rearfacing tether is the sunshine kids radian.

abttrflykss

Thanks for the suggestions. I have the EFTA for my truck (and love it). The seats you suggested are more then what they are looking to spend, they probably want to keep it at or under $100.
The seat doesn't HAVE TO be tethered, but since it's a new van I didn't know if all seats can be tethered or if it depended on the vehicle and/or seat.

Maybe a better question would be SHOULD they get a RFing seat that tethers? Or will it be ok just with a regular seat belt installation? (The EFTA in my truck can't be tethered but my truck is a '95).

armywife12

Thanks for the suggestions. I have the EFTA for my truck (and love it). The seats you suggested are more then what they are looking to spend, they probably want to keep it at or under $100.
The seat doesn't HAVE TO be tethered, but since it's a new van I didn't know if all seats can be tethered or if it depended on the vehicle and/or seat.

Maybe a better question would be SHOULD they get a RFing seat that tethers? Or will it be ok just with a regular seat belt installation? (The EFTA in my truck can't be tethered but my truck is a '95).

The only two manufacturers that allow rear facing tether use is Britax and Sunshine Kids so this won't be an option for you if they want to keep the price under $100. Most cars have a location to tether with a seat that allows it. You just have to find a bolted, nonmoveable metal piece to attach it to. If they don't want to spend more than $100 I would recommend either the Cosco Scenera or the Safety first Uptown. I believe the Uptown has a taller shell than the Scenera so it might last a bit longer. These seats are most often outgrown in height before weight anyways so even if your daughter doesn't weight much, this seat may still be outgrown at the same time any other child outgrows it. When they reach the weight limit of the seat OR when the top of their ears meet the top of the seat OR their shoulders are above the top harness slot, the seat is outgrown (for forward facing).
Since both of the seats I recommended only go to 40lbs, let them know that they will just be forking over even more money later on when they purchase a higher harnessing seat. Getting something like the EFTA now would save them money in the long run. I'ts only an extra $30 and that $30 can keep them harnessed for several more years

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC