cleaning foam pad, Roundabout?

U

Unregistered

Hi everyone~

My 2 year old just puked ALL OVER herself and her Roundabout carseat. We were out when it happened and so I had to wipe her clean as much as possible (not enough wipes in the world!) and then drive home. At home I got her clean and down for a nap before I got to cleaning the carseat & after that amount of time, some of the wetness had soaked into the grey soft foam pad under the seat cover. Can I clean that? Not the white styrofoam, but the, oh I don't know maybe 1 inch thick grey foam that make the seat "soft". It wasn't stuck down or attached to the seat or the cover at all. I don't want that lovely pukey smell to stay there and then stink up the car every hot summer day! The manual doesn't even mention this piece of foam, that I can find, and BRITAX is of course, now closed for the day... if I can wash it, or even spot wash it, I'd need to do it now so it can dry overnight.

any advice? Can it be spot-cleaned?

THANKS in advance!
~Tiffany

dd2, 2 y.o. RF in RA
dd1, 5 y.o., FF in Radian
ds, 3 y.o. FF in Radian or MA

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I've putt the whole seat in the shower and sprayed it down with the hand held sprayer. I don't see how that's any worse than getting vomit on it. It does take forever to dry if you don't towel dry it first.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC