The Clek Olli Arrived...

dhardawa

...and I hate it!

Okay, let me rephrase that. I love the seat. LOVE IT! It is fantastic and you can tell it is real quality construction. But, I hate my little baby being in a backless booster! :crying: The seat boosts her up to where the lap belt fits right across her upper hips and the shoulder belt couldn't be more perfect, but I'm used to looking in the rearview mirror and seeing a big seat of some sort back there. Now when I look back, I see this little bitty girl who seems so small compared to that big seat I used to see. She loves it. She even made me drive around the block last night so she could try it out. I have never seen her so excited to get a new seat. She has wanted a backless booster forever. It just kills me though. But, then again, every step up in car seats has torn me apart. It took about six months for me to accept that she was ready to go full time to a booster when she turned 8. I can't imagine how I'll feel when she is ready to graduate to a regular seatbelt. Luckily, that is years away!

ADS

aisraeltax

how cute! :)

i just ordered an Olli for my 10 yo b/c he didnt like the Monarch. speaking of which, i need to get to the PO for that!

which one did she get? my son got the camo (of course)

scatterbunny

Glad you both like it. :D We also love our Zebra Olli. It's definitely hard seeing them in a backless, though, I agree. I let H use it for trips to school (a mile away), but she still uses her highbacks on longer trips.

Mommy2Five

smiley_ahh.gif

It is hard :( My oldest just moved to a booster full time last week.
cry.gif

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Aw, I am so with you! I let Sam try out the 5-Step test again today (he's been wanting to give up his backless booster since he turned 10) and WHEW - he still doesn't pass! ;)

(I'd love to get him a Clek, but it would be pretty pointless since he's really only got one good growth spurt until he passes the 5-step easily in all vehicles.)

Babies grow up: Both the saddest and greatest thing about being a parent.

K

Kristin HR

...Love it but hate it too!

I'm so glad to hear another mom have the same feelings as me about moving their
child from a booster with a back and now with no back.
I too bought the olli but in pink camo and it's a great seat. I love that it doesn't move
at all. I too keep looking back and she looks so little and so unprotected without
those wings that were on her compass seat! YIKES, but she's 7 years old. She keeps
saying she wants to be a big girl so I thought I would try it. She of course loves it, but it
will take me some time to adjust. You think I would be used to it by now, she's my 4th child but she's always been really small for her age.
All in all, it's a great quality seat and very comfy. Worth the extra money.

PixieEMT

I wanted to buy one in CAMOUFLAGE for my nephew.:crying: He's all about army and stuff. ;)

He's 7 y/o 4'4'' and 81lbs. My sister's car has no lower anchors and we only take him 2-3 times a month. He uses a Graco backless booster in my sister's car and DH's car, a Evenflo Big Kid HBB in my 06 T and C van.

I still want one for my van!:(:mad: :whistle:

scatterbunny

Even without using the lower anchors, it's still a fabulous seat. :thumbsup: The lower anchors sort of get buried into the seat bight, and helps hold the seat in place somewhat (at least, it works well in my vehicle).

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Even without using the lower anchors, it's still a fabulous seat. :thumbsup: The lower anchors sort of get buried into the seat bight, and helps hold the seat in place somewhat (at least, it works well in my vehicle).
Same here..the LATCHes wedge into the captain's chair of my van so I can use this seat now instead of my old non-latch booster (when we latch it, though? it centers the seat too well and the shoulderbelt doesn't hit the kids in the right place).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC