Graco Cargo

Mae

Is the tether strap supposed to be TIED on? I saw one today, and didnt know how to fix it. I looked in the manual, but it said nothing about it.

Help.

ADS

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
It's not tied on, it's threaded through a loop at the end of it. (I really hope that kind of partly makes sense.) It does look like it's tied on though.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I was checking a seat for my neighbor a while back and was floored by that - it totally does look like it's misuse, but it was exactly how it was supposed to be per the manual.

Mae

Alright, that's a relief. But uh, how would one correctly rethread the tether? :whistle:

BTW: this seat is not currently in use.

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
I'm trying to find the manual online. I know how and I can see it in my head but I can't for the life of me figure out how to explain it w/o pictures!

Mae

Well I had the manual for it and I searched it front to back and it said nothing about how to redo it...if you could find it, that would be great!

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
Ok, found the manual and you're right there's nothing about attaching the tether but I did find a picture I could used for reference. Look at the picture of the back of the seat on page 6. See where the tether comes out of? Right above the top slot. Find that spot on the back of the seat. Put the loop through the seat at that spot and then put the anchor end through the loop. Pull the anchor and it should be secured. Hope that makes sense.

Mae

I don't have the seat with me... I'll see it in about a week though. So let me get this straight.

There are two holes for the tether in the back. They are between the harness slots. Like this..

....-
....-

Roughly, that is. The periods are just because the spaces smashed together when I posted. The numbers are the harness slots and "-" is the tether holes. The tether gets threaded through the two holes so that the end with the loop is in the bottom hole and the anchor is in the top. Right?

Then the anchor end goes through the loop. And that's it? When I saw (& undid the tether...) there were multiple "knots" in it. At least three.

Did you follow that? lol

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
I don't have the seat available to look at but it sounds right the way you're explaining. I'm not sure what the knots were for, I don't remember seeing any on the cargos I've seen.

Mae

I just asked this question. If I did not have another CarGo that had the top tether factory installed, there is NO way I could have done it by merely looking at the picture on page six.

You don't really "tie" it on so much as loop it on.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=40691&highlight=CarGo

Thank you! I actually remember this thread, now that you mention it.

So it just goes through the loop once, and thats it? Sorry to sound so repetitive.

MommyG

Yup. That's how it was on my 2006. I would think putting knots in a seatbelt might not be the best idea, would it? I don't think that webbing is meant to be knotted.....couldn't that effect normal wear and tear?

But I can see why the owners did it.....honestly, for such an important component....not a hint of a clue how to attach it....and the attachment seems so flimsy.....:eek:

Mae

ITA! The seat I'm dealing with is also a 2006 model. You would also think it would reduce head excursion if the tether was at the top of the seat. Not the middle...Note the fact its a top tether.

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
I just asked this question. If I did not have another CarGo that had the top tether factory installed, there is NO way I could have done it by merely looking at the picture on page six.

You don't really "tie" it on so much as loop it on.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=40691&highlight=CarGo

I didn't mean to imply that you would know how to do by looking at page 6. That was just an illustration for me to use to explain myself.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC