Hows the Graco Quattro DUAL system?

Mae

My brother/sil are still in the fence of what they want. They went to BRU yesterday and looked at the dual.

Any horror stories? Good ones? Is it good for the price?

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
We looked at it and it seemed really shallow front to back leaving little back room for the back child (which should be the bigger child). I think Mominabigtruck? has one.

mommy2env

I have one, and really like it.

I usually have a 3yr old in the front and a 20 month old in the back. They seem to feel comfy.

Or sometimes I have two 20 month olds. They fight over the front seat. LOL

Overall, the stroller is really sturdy. It is smooth, and easy to steer. I think it is good for the price.

We have had it since it came out. It is used daily, and it still looks and feels like new. :thumbsup:

HTH :)

PS. Only one of the 20 month olds is mine. :p The rest are my nephews. :D I dont want everyone thinking I am a baby making machine. :ROTFLMAO:

Last edited:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Oh, the Double Quattro! I sell this at work. I love it. So far, everyone is happy. My only issue right now is there packaging. I am ending up with broken handle. I gotta call graco about that. But it does everything the single does. The basket drops, so you can get into it, even though the seat is fully reclined. The front seat holds 50 lbs. and you can still steer it! I like it.

mominabigtruck

I'm still totally in love with mine after a year of having it and treking it all over last summer.:D

As you can see from my siggy that my kids are huge:whistle: which is why I bought it to start with and it still pushes easily with both kids in it plus the basket loaded down and hanging a full cooler off of the handles. The basket is absolutely fantabulous and my dh loves the suspension.

I agree with mommyenv about the quality. Mine has held up extremely well, the fabric cleans really easily and all the cupholders pop out so you can wash them in the dishwasher.

I'm sure that there are nicer doubles out there but for $250 you're not going to get anything even close to this.

mominabigtruck

As far as I know all of them fit in the back seat since I put my chicco artisian which is a baseless seat in and it nestles just fine. The front has a special attachment and I know the ss1 and sr fit so I would imagine most other infant seats with the little notches for the base would fit.:twocents:

celtic1885

I have one and LOVE IT:love:! had a graco snugseat in the back and my 18 month old in front. Love that the seats have 5-pt harnesses. Front is for bigger and goes up to 50lbs. lots of cup holders - front seat you have option of cups or bar. two parent holders and a parent bag that holds lots of stuff. basket drops. Easy to push with one hand as well. High handles for those who are tall. Tight turning radius as well.

I've noticed the price has come down - great stroller.

Melanie

I got one a couple months ago and have been very pleased. I was debating on whether or not to buy it because I already had a tandem (but crappy one) and a double jogger and Joovy caboose. Also, my kids are 3 & 1 so I was unsure of how much use it would get. I'm really glad I went ahead with it. It's become my everyday stroller.

I love that the 3 year old can get in and out by herself. The cupholders and convenience things are nice. The basket folds down so you can get stuff in & out when the back seat is all the way reclined. The seat backs are quite a bit taller than the other Graco double (duo-glide I think). DH is 6'3" and I'm 5'2" and it pushes well for both of us. I haven't put an infant seat in it. IIRC it would snap into the cupholder bar on the back seat. For the front seat, mine came with at bar that goes into the holes for the cupholder.

The negatives are the size and weight, but I don't think you will find anything in this price range or stroller type that will be better. It weighs 39 lbs. I wouldn't want to lug it into a high SUV on my own. I can get it into my van without a problem. I've also unloaded and unfolded it while holding a baby.

They may want to make sure it fits in their vehicle before buying. I have an older model Kia Sedona (doesn't have a well like the newer vans). I have to remove the front wheels to close the hatch. They are very easy to get off and on.

I got a smokin deal online at Albee baby. I believe it was $169. I just looked and their lowest one is $206.

Marinesfamily5

I have one, and I am not thrilled but its "okay"

my DD is about 40 lbs and in the front. the seat is shallow, and the weight in the front (which is how its designed... heavier kid in front) makes it hard to steer.

also the wheels squeak, and I have done everthing you can imagine to get it to stop...

it is a heavy beast. not as heavy as some but not light and takes a bit if work to lift into back of an SUV.

I love how it folds though, super quick and easy.

adamsmommy

I have one, and I am not thrilled but its "okay"

my DD is about 40 lbs and in the front. the seat is shallow, and the weight in the front (which is how its designed... heavier kid in front) makes it hard to steer.

also the wheels squeak, and I have done everthing you can imagine to get it to stop...

it is a heavy beast. not as heavy as some but not light and takes a bit if work to lift into back of an SUV.

I love how it folds though, super quick and easy.

This.

Our wheels started making so much noise a few days ago and has gotten worse. I have not had it that long or used it much, so I may take it back. I just have no idea what else to get!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC