2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport questions

mommamack

First, I want to thank all you car seat gurus for helping out us car seat research challenged. I have looked high and low and searched these forums top to bottom and cannot find the answer to these few questions specifically.
I have 2002 Grand Caravan with the third seat in the middle, is it safe to put 3 car seats (no boosters) across??? I found on other threads that someone did this and that it worked, but I am concerned about the seat width. The actual set width is only 46”. The width of the car from door to door (dual rear-sliding doors) is 65”. Eventually all three seats will be forward facing and I am trying to plan for then. It makes sense that the rear position would be safe because the width there is only 50” from arm rest to arm rest. I really want them all where I can reach them in case of emergency (just paranoid). Even if I get the 3 most narrow seats, I am looking at the Evenflo Tribute (We are tight on money and would be replacing 2 Alpha Omega Elites) and a Future Graco Snug Ride (hand me down).
Also I have a LATCH question. In my van the rear seat only has 1 top-LATCH anchor, in the center :(. I have read that some cars can be retrofitted with top anchors. Can a 2002 Dodge Caravan. I can’t see why not, but who knows, and if so, where would I get it done???? The dealership?? If not, how do the Tributes rate with no top tether?
Okay, one more question, if I found a 2002 Caravan at a junk yard, with front end damage, do you think it would be safe to take the third seat out and install that along with our other third seat, to make our 7-seater an 8-seater.
Thanks again for all your help!!:)

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC