rear facing car seat for long infant :)

Blondieac1

I have someone asking me if she can face her 6 month old in a forward facing seat now because he is almost too long for his rear facing infant seat. I told her no way of course..but I also don't know the best car seat for recommend money wise that would still handle a 6 month old that has outgrown an infant seat. I know Britax has rear facing seats but is there anything a little more affordable I could recommend ? Thanks

ADS

scatterbunny

This thread lists my most recommended seats, along with features and most common prices. The second category is convertibles. :) The Compass TrueFit isn't on that list yet, but based on my first impressions of it last weekend (without installing it), I really love it.

Remember that an infant seat is outgrown when one of two things happens (whichever happens first): baby's head is within one inch of the top of the seat shell, OR seat weight limit has been reached. If baby is simply close to the stated height limit, tell mom to look closely at where the top of baby's head is in relation to the top of the shell. Short-torsoed babies can make it safely beyond the stated height limit, and long-torsoed babies can outgrow seats by height even before the stated height limit. What matters most is that there is hard seat shell above baby's head. :thumbsup:

mominabigtruck

A six month old outgowing an infant seat is not unusual so I wouldn't say that they are a long infant:twocents:

Almost all convertibles on the market rf to 35lbs so mostly its just a matter of how much you want to spend and what features you want.

You can go anywhere from a $40 cosco scenera to a $300 bitax blvd.

henrietta

The Learning Curve sale has Compass True Fits for $99 right now, and some Evenflo Triumph Advance's are on sale at BRU/TRU (clearanced + you can use a coupon w/them, so they're $97!).

The Cosco Scenera is a great budget seat at only $40-50 at Walmart, Kmart, Target, and TRU. And some people do really like the new Evenflo Titan, but it won't get kids to 50 lbs like the Triumph Advance (and it costs the as the Triumph on sale anyways!).

hths

henrietta

PHaley

Can anyone give me a link or tell me how to find the coupon for the Evenflo Triumph Advance at BRU? My DGD2 will outgrow her SS1 probably just as her sisters RA (back up seat to a MA) expires in Sept. and then their folks will need 3 new car seats at once!(2 girls 2 cars but the MA is fine til 2011) I think at <$100 it would make sense to get at least 1 now.

I would think this would be the better seat from what I've read for the OP as well. And both girls really liked it when I took them to BRU a few months ago :) :twocents:

henrietta

I got a few coupon packs when I bought an item at Toys R Us, so that's the coupon we used last Friday. I know there's a coupon for $15 off carseats over $99 for BRU that came in a flyer in the mail (I'm on their mailing list), and you can probably get one of these at the front of the store.

hths

henrietta

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC