peugeut experience anyone?

susanna

do you know if the peugeut sw 307 or 407 will be a good fit for a blvd britax and radian 80? how do we tether them? the blvd will be rf. thanks!

ADS

bbartlettnfld

Peugeut autombiles do not have top tethers, My friend has one, not sure if its the model you are considering but it also does not have locking seat belts they are ELR only.. I hate trying to install a radian with a locking clip and I have to in my car!
My recommendation would be to try and get a North American spec car to go with your N.A spec seats.
BethAnn

lenats31

Peugeut autombiles do not have top tethers, My friend has one, not sure if its the model you are considering but it also does not have locking seat belts they are ELR only.. I hate trying to install a radian with a locking clip and I have to in my car!
My recommendation would be to try and get a North American spec car to go with your N.A spec seats.
BethAnn

Firstly, some Peugeot cars DO have top tether anchor points:

308 Hatch (semi small car)
407 Hatch (big car)
107 Trendy (extreemly small car , so not a good option)

Secondly: Peugeot seatbelts ARE compatiable with US child restraint seatbelt recommendations (I know, because I had to check it before I got the Regent)

Thirdly: Susanne is going to stay in Italy for a whole year. Using US child restraints for a year in Europe is illigal.

Susanne, I have driven a 407SW. It does not have top tether anchors, and as a pram and stroller pushing mom, I have to say that the boot entrance is awkward. It is a nice car to drive, but having to wriggle prams and strollers into the boot is annoying not to mention the risk of hitting and possibly damaging the car in the process. The boot door is narrower than the car. So is the entrance just inside

Here is the list of European cars with top tether anchors:
.http://www.britax-roemer.de/upload/produkte/produktvergleich/Typenliste_46.pdf

If you buy European restraints: for your 7 year-old: get a booster seat with ISOFIX (Britax makes one). For your little one - preferreably a bigger rearfacing seat, for which you will not need tether anchors. The tether straps loop in the front seats. IF you go for a forwardfacing seat: Get one with a foot prop. The foot prop does the same thing as a top tether.

As for which car model in Peugeot cars: you are better off with 407 hatch OR if you need a bigger car: 307SW. (better boot entrance)

Lena

susanna

thanks to all for your responses! and for all the links. I will keep working on this and .. keep you posted. I will be driving intensly for 2 months but after that plan to mostly take the train. more later...:thumbsup:

susanna

If i stay with the peugeut (autoeurope has a leasing program) can I install a radian rf? I am now thinkign about getting a Radian for my two boys. and using the one for baby in rf mode. Here in the US that would work fine, and for the plane flight also. But if I get to Paris and the rf radian doesn't leave enough space for the front passenger's legs?? I hear that it takes up a lot of space. In Paris does anyone know where i can get actual technical help in making sure that I am installing it right? any words of advice. And do I need a top tether for installing these 2 seats? sorry if I am repeating myself. thanks!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC