I heart our Pediatrician!

brightredmtn

We spent a long time at the doctor today. In every examination room they have a flier hanging up about the car seat laws in our state. It was worded very poorly and made it seem like you HAVE to turn your kid once they reach 1 year and 20lbs. It also didn't have any info about extended harnessing.

So I asked the doctor if I wrote up a new flier would he post it instead of the one they currently have? He then asked me a ton of questions about car seat safety and was really receptive to what I had to say! I think he was pretty impressed with everything that I know (that's all thanks to you guys!) He said that he will definitely post a new flier and was really excited to learn all about extended rear facing and the new official recommendations by the AAP.

He just requested that it include the law (but I'll be vague and make the point that those are minimums) and be fairly simple so now I have some homework.

ADS

southpawboston

don't be vague about the law. i can see his point-- we do have to teach the public what the law requires, but you can point out the benefits of EH ad ERF without making the law seem vague. if you try to downplay the law and push EH and ERF too hard, people will recoil and not take it seriously. seriously.

scatterbunny

How awesome! Sounds like that ped is a keeper! :thumbsup: I agree, our Oregon state law is worded very poorly, making it sound like a child must be forward-facing at 1 year old. :( There are a number of state CPS laws with the same wording.

brightredmtn

don't be vague about the law. i can see his point-- we do have to teach the public what the law requires, but you can point out the benefits of EH ad ERF without making the law seem vague. if you try to downplay the law and push EH and ERF too hard, people will recoil and not take it seriously. seriously.

Good point! Thanks!

LCMOM

Senior Community Member
YIPPEEE!!! Good for you! Please share your flier here; glad your ped is so receptive!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC