need seat help for a trip and a plane ride

Christi61315

Ok so next week on tuesday me and my 6 yr old are flying and then riding in either a taxi or a rental car.. prob a rental car.. and I have no seat for him..

He sits in a regent right now but that is not going to fly.. I had a radian but I sold it because it was not working for us..

No where around here has a GN and the few places that has them in stock cant get them to me by tuesday..

I am not sure If I trust him to sit in a HBB...

Any suggestions.. HELP

ADS

Loves2sing

Would he still fit in an Apex, or a similar seat? If not, then the booster may be the way you have to go. If you are worried about it, then make sure to get a belt positioning booster, and lock the seatbelts when you are riding. Or there are the travel vests as well, but I personally don't have a lot of knowledge about them. But there are a lot here who do. Ask scatterbunny or Papooses in a pm maybe? That is if they don't see this thread

Christi61315

He did not fit in the apex very well.. He has about an inch in the GN from his shoulders to the top slot.. I got to see 2 floor models but no one has them.. :(

Morganthe

Is there any way you can contact the stores at your destination to see if they have a Nautilus in stock, then have friend/family member pick one up for you?
They could meet you at the airport or you have a booster seat just for the short trip from there to wherever you could meet them. If you're in a rental, it's possible you could just lock the seatbelt. I had a Ford Focus and it locked.

Other than a full time booster seat, which I can understand that you're worried about, it's the only idea I have. Sorry. :eek:

Christi61315

ok he weighs 55lbs.. I am going to a place that I don't know anyone.. so having someone get it for me is not an option.. I travel about once a month.. I normally use the radian.. but I got rid of it..

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC