What convertibles fit well in a Hyundai Accent?

louisandheather

Hi,

My husband just purchased a new Hyundai Accent and we are looking for a convertible car seat that will fit well. Does anyone have any experience with this car? I was thinking a Roundabout but I am not set on that decision.

Heather

ADS

Mommy2Marcus

I would purchase either a Evenflo Triumph Advance or a Britax Marathon. Both will keep any child for the most part RF till 2 & in a harness untill 5-6. Also since you're going to be having different children in it I might lean more towards the Triumph Advance since it has the infinately adjusting harness & you would not have to rethread ever. Both seats are really easy to install & would fit either a child RF or FF. I would be inclined to install it RF & keep it RF though as most children under 2 will fit RF & should be RF. Good Luck!

essnce629

I have a 2001 2-door Hyundai Accent and have successfully fit a rear-facing Tourvia/Scenera, Roundabout, and FPSV/Marathon. Forward-facing I've had a Roundabout, FPSV/Marathon, Boulevard, and a Regent. I used to babysit a little girl 2 months younger than my son when they were infants and toddlers and at that time I had my son's Roundabout rear-facing in the center and her Tourvia rear-facing behind the driver's seat. There's not a ton of legroom with any type of rear-facing seat in there, but I'm 5'7 and it was ok. If you have a bigger convertible like the Marathon then it would probably be best outboard behind the passenger's seat. I have no idea if I'll be able to afford another car by the time we have baby #2 so just the other day I tried out a rear-facing FPSV outboard behind the passengers seat and my son's Regent outboard behind the driver's seat. This was the best combo. I'm not sure, but I'm sure the newer Accents have a bigger backseat than my 2001 model. I took pics and I can post them for you.

essnce629

Here's my pics. Oh, and my Accent is a hatchback.

Img_3178.jpg

Img_3179.jpg

Img_3180.jpg

Img_3182.jpg

Img_3183.jpg

Img_3184.jpg

louisandheather

Thank you so much for the information and the pictures! I was afraid that we would not be able to put a larger convertible in the back, but I am happy that is not the case. That will bring me back to the boulevard and radian so I guess that we will have to try them. We also have a hatchback and is fairly small in the back.

Heather

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC