What Booster??

Mommy2Marcus

Okay Ladies...so now I am looking at the boosters & trying to decide which HBB to buy for my nephew if my MIL does not want to go the route of a 5 point. I know if she lets me put him back into a 5 point I will be buying the Nautilus as I can not afford anything else & the Apex is out as she has no headrests in the backseat of her car. I am figuring that for a HBB I would be willing to spend the same amount for it as the Nautilus, but would like to stay at or under $100 for it if at all possible, but safety outways money hands down! I know that he is 4 years old & probably around the 40lbs mark, that my MIL drives a 4-Runner or at least I think that is it or it is VERY similar...sorry went braindead. I need something I am not going to have to order off the internet, so I need it to be something that can be bought instore as I do not live there & want to make sure it is used properly before I leave to drive 3 1/2 hours away. I am thinking about the Graco Airbooster as I really like the looks & feel of it. I was also considering the TB & the Evenflo BK. Although I am not sure how much I like the BK one & not sure what you all think of it. I also like the looks of the B510 (I think thats right) & the PW, but those would have to be ordered online I think. So it looks like I am pretty limited as to what I have to choose from as far as how I have to buy it. It looks like right now I have 3 options, TB, AB, or the BK. Out of those 3 what do you think would work best for an average sized 4 year old?? What is going to last the longest of the 3 & which one is the best with SIP? Thanks for listening to me ramble & any suggestions you may have!

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Well, I do think you are right that a Nautilus would be best for the child, since he is only 4 years old and 40 pounds. A harness would be best!

If MIL insists on a booster, though, I would go with the Air. I like how its longer base makes it more comfortable for bigger kids. While your DN is still little, he won't be for long!

Mommy2Marcus

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it. DH & I have looked at them & were thinking the AB would be super comfy compared to the TB, but I was unsure. We also liked it alot & are willing to spend the extra money on it for him. I also plan to see if any of the local toy stores around that area have any more of a choice, but will prolly wind up with the AB b/c I dout anything else will be availible. Anyone else think anything else?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC