Baby Trend vs. Joovy

jessclear

I am trying to find a sit n' stand so I can travel easily with my DD and daycare kiddo. I have found one old Joovy sit n' stand for $75 and a 1yr old baby trend for $75 (EUC). I know that Joovy is probably better, but this one is older and looks dirty. If Joovy is tons better, I could clean it up I guess. What do you think? Any one with experience with each?

I also noticed two newer Joovys but they are $100 and $150. Didn't want to spend that much for an occasional stroller. What do you think?

I posted this in the stroller section as well, but then realized it doesn't get as much traffic. These strollers are on CL so I need to decide.

ADS

lovinwaves

If the ones that are listed for $100-$150 are the newer 'lighter' model, then I would say it is definitely worth the extra money. Do you have links? I could tell you. :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
That older Joovy is a craigslister lying to you :cool:. It says Baby Trend and Sit N Stand LX on it if you look closely.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, I went ahead and did put this back in the stroller section.. now that it's getting posts you'll get lots of action on it :thumbsup:

lovinwaves

This is not a Joovy. This is a Baby Trend Sit N Stand, I belive.

I like this one :)

Older Joovy, not a newer one.

Again, older Joovy not newer.

They would all "work", but I think the important thing would be to see what condition they are in. Check how it folds, opens up, pushes, check the wheels for flatness, check the seat recline, stand platform, etc...

lovinwaves

New Joovy $129 http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2267617 (not sure if they have free shipping)

This stroller would work for short walks. Your 2 year old could hitch a ride on the back. Her asking price is too high, imo.. http://columbus.craigslist.org/bab/631861273.html It's an older Peg-Perego. I would offer her more like $50. Then again, if she really only used it a 'few times' then it might be worth more than $50. :shrug-shoulders:

This could work. Again, if you can maybe low ball her? http://columbus.craigslist.org/bab/619700527.html

This one http://columbus.craigslist.org/bab/594744095.html I sent her an email asking the DOM, and also for some pictures :)

jessclear

Thanks so much for your help. I am meeting with the Baby Trend lady later today. If it's in good shape, I'll get that one if she comes down on the price enough.

Lovin', let me know if you hear back from the ad you replied to. I'd like more info.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC