New car seat cover

kmcenery

We are ttc baby #2. I dont want to spend $130 on a new Safe seat but we want a differant cover for this baby. Does Graco sell new covers for the car seats? I could not find any on their website but I may have been looking in the wrong area of the site to. Also on say on their website that they sell a infant head rest thing is that safe to use because it is by Graco or is not still considerd a after market item. We are looking at the things we need to buy and getting pricing so we can put money away and buy it all. Thank you for your help.

Link for infant head rest.

http://www.gracobaby.com/catalog/product.aspx?modelNumber=AC025&CategoryID=7

ADS
U

Unregistered1

I am not sure if Graco sells new covers, someone here may know or you can try contacting Graco customer service and asking about it. The one thing I want to caution you against is those 'boutique' covers that people make themselves - they are not crash tested and approved by the seat manufacturers and therefore are not considered safe. You may have already known that but I felt compelled to say it anyways :p
The head rests SHOULD be safe to use since they are manufactured by Graco and crash tested with the seat. There was discussion here earlier about whether the head rests themselves could cause problems and I'm not sure how it turned out but generally they are considered safe.

houseofboys

It does say "Not designed or tested to be used with SafeSeat™ car seats", if that's the seat you're wanting to use it with...

U

Unregistered

I got a new cover for our old graco by ordering a replacment cover. On the order form I just put the product # of the seat that had the cover I wanted.

kmcenery

I did not even read that part about it was not tested with the safe seat. Thank you I will just use reciving blankets then.

Also I know not to buy ones not made for the seat. They are also as much as a new seat. I could not belive the price of them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC