Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

if you had the choice between...

A BOB stroller
    or a
    Phil and Ted's

which one would you get and why? I found then both at my local baby boutique for $549. I will be doing TONS of walking, maybe even light jogging, and we take them off road to hike and stuff. thanks
    Misty
    SAHM to Cooper, 04/16/06 and Aurora, 06/25/11

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: if you had the choice between...

if i had 2 kids that i needed a stroller for (may happen in Oct..as we are suspecting twins), i would go w/ the Bob. Those 2 brands, though, i dont think you could go wrong with either. I just like the look of the BOB one better...i like red and i like that is has one wheel in the front.

doesnt that Bob wheel lock? not sure if the P&T ones do but i think jogging is easier w/ just one front wheel.

a friend of mine bought a P&T for her twins last year and she loves it.

another friend of mine has this one and loves it: http://www.philandteds.com/nz/sportdouble_07_1.htm

i thought it woudl obstruct the view of the 2nd kid but she says he's fine.

have fun!
    Rachel, mom to 5 boys, 22, 16, 8, 5 and 1.
    5 and 8 year olds in Britax Frontiers; baby in Britax Chaperone.

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

The BOB is going to work much better for you if you are planning on doing light jogging.

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg
    Learning to cope with the unexpected...

the bob doesn't come in red for the doubles. I am looking at the doubles. It comes in orange or blue. Both brands the front wheel locks.
    Misty

I would say the BOB too. But it sounds like you already know what you want.

BOB will be better for jogging but the Phil & Ted is a much more versitle stroller. It will fit through isles, doorways, drs. offices, etc. I had my phil & ted for about 4yrs. and loved everything about it. Its a workhorse and if you accidently run it over with the car parts are inexpensive and the stroller is easy to fix.

BOB will be better for jogging but the Phil & Ted is a much more versitle stroller. It will fit through isles, doorways, drs. offices, etc. I had my phil & ted for about 4yrs. and loved everything about it. Its a workhorse and if you accidently run it over with the car parts are inexpensive and the stroller is easy to fix.

And I LOVE my P&T!!! From everything I've seen for serious joggers or off-roading, go with the BOB. It's more task specific, KWIM?

Was it $549 for a Phil & Ted? If so, it's too much. Several places (I know Right Start for certain) are having specials on the P&T right now with a free doubles kit ($89 value).

ETA: Wait! I just went back and saw that you're looking at the side-by-side P&T--not the Sport version. Now it's a tougher decision...I don't have experience with the side-by-side version, just the E3/Sport.

I am going for the BOB. And I get it soon! I am SO excited!!! My DH is getting it for me with his tax return. I hope I like it!! I know it will be an adjustment but everyone I have talked to that have a BOB LOVE their stroller. I will SO post pics when I get it!
    Misty