Nautilus spotting

dd9736

My friend was telling me about the seat she's planning on getting her son this month, that she found at walmart, and I spent 20 minutes grilling her on it, trying to get her to admit it was the cosco apex 65. after all that, my biggest two clues that she was right and it was the nautalis is this, I asked her if it had a thick headrest, or a rather thin one, she said thick, then I asked her about the belt guide, size and colour, she told me it was rather large, and RED, which I did not see on the apex when I looked 2 weeks ago.
So while I have not seen it myself, my friend has be about 95% sure that the graco nautalis has been spotted in St. Albert (near edmonton) Alberta, at walmart,
thank you for listening

ADS

dd9736

Re: Nautalis spotting

I may be going with her as soon as Friday, (her son is getting weighed, and may be over 40lbs (he's a BIG boy at 1year and almost 40lbs yikes)) if that's the case we'll both be going with him in ds1's radian, and ds1 in her son's old seat to get the new seat. I'll remember the camera, I promise. I just wanted to post, incase someone wanted to go sooner.

shauburg

Hmmmm. I just phoned them in St. Albert and the lady I got on the phone said that they did not have anything by the name Graco Nautilus. She said the only grey seats with red on them were Cosco ones.

I really do hope she was wrong and it is there. So please let us know what you end up finding!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor

Ooooh, I'll be looking for your update. I always check our wal-mart every time I'm there and no sign yet, but I know they get new seats practically every day. They were down to 1 EFTA when I was there Sat. evening, so I'm hoping they've gotten some of those in since then too.

Makes me wish it wasn't almost 11pm or I'd go out there tonight to check our store. :eek: :whistle:

snowbird25ca

(And yeah I know that Graco Canada is still saying if/when, but I think they want the seat to show up here the same way it did in the US - out of the blue... and I suspect they want to beat the arrival of the Frontier. :whistle: )

BudgieStew

Did your friend mention a price?

Oh I hope its not a Cosco....

I know it would not be at our Walmart the EFTA still has not shown up here. But I would take a look when I am in this weekend.

snowbird25ca

I checked the Edmonton west end Wal-mart tonight, and no Nautilus. They did have a gray'ish Turbo Booster though that had the red belt guides and the headrest similar to the Nautilus.

Is your friend sure that it had a harness on it?

(In other notes, they're now completely out of the EFTA, so I think all the ones in our city are gone until the next shipment arrives at BRU in a few weeks.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC