WTH? Who cares to take this on?

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'm just plummed out tired of these posts from Craigslist spewing non-sense. But anyone runs into Peg seat bought at TRU and w/o CMVSS sticker?

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/yrk/bab/627985454.html

RE: car seats illegal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-627985454@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-04-02, 5:07PM EDT

I just bought a carseat this weekend (peg perego SIP ) at Toys R Us in Richmond hill. I took it home and looked it over and there was NO canadian sticker on it. I called Toy's R Us and Peg and was told that Peg Perego brand (not Mamas and papas which is there Europian name)is certified both in CANADA and the USA the same. There is not difference in the car seat and are legal weather you buy in the USA or Canada they do not need a sticker as they meet all the requirements + for both countries.
This is the Peg perego name SIP carseats.
If you look at the USA prices of peg they are very very close so there really is no difference where you buy.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 627985454

ADS

snowbird25ca

I'll look next time I'm in ours, although I'm pretty sure our BRU has the regular peg and not the SIP one.

Are you thinking that there might be some seats missing the compliance stickers completely? That would be a really big oversight - and if Peg Perego actually told a parent it didn't matter as long as they bought the seat in North America... :eek:

hipmaman

Are you thinking that there might be some seats missing the compliance stickers completely? That would be a really big oversight - and if Peg Perego actually told a parent it didn't matter as long as they bought the seat in North America... :eek:

just in case they are floating out there. If we have proof of one w/o CMVSS sticker, I can alert TC (compliance people) on it, regardless of what Peg might tell people (which is a different thing).

snowbird25ca

just in case they are floating out there. If we have proof of one w/o CMVSS sticker, I can alert TC (compliance people) on it, regardless of what Peg might tell people (which is a different thing).

I'll keep my eye out. I'm at a seatcheck this Tuesday, so I'll watch. We get a surprising # of peg's come through checks some days.

snowbird25ca

I was in our BRU tonight and checked the peg seat they had. It's a Peg SIP DOM Oct 8/07. It has both DOM stickers (obviously,) and the CMVSS sticker. The base itself doesn't have a CMVSS sticker on it, but I don't know if it's supposed to have one? :confused:

I initially thought some of the labels were in Spanish, but it could be that they are both French and spanish, I know one side was definitely both English and French.

So for that DOM anyways, all the labels are present. Maybe the person on CL was trying to cause trouble, or maybe they just didn't know where to look? :shrug-shoulders:

I'll still keep my eyes open when I see these seats at checks for the next while though. :thumbsup:

hipmaman

I was in our BRU tonight and checked the peg seat they had. It's a Peg SIP DOM Oct 8/07. It has both DOM stickers (obviously,) and the CMVSS sticker. The base itself doesn't have a CMVSS sticker on it, but I don't know if it's supposed to have one? :confused:

I initially thought some of the labels were in Spanish, but it could be that they are both French and spanish, I know one side was definitely both English and French.

So for that DOM anyways, all the labels are present. Maybe the person on CL was trying to cause trouble, or maybe they just didn't know where to look? :shrug-shoulders:

I'll still keep my eyes open when I see these seats at checks for the next while though. :thumbsup:

Thanks Trudy. Sometimes the things said or some of the people on CL can be highly questionable, kwim?

lil96

I have the EU 2008 Peg (which here the sip & trifix came in 2008, older models don't have it) My base does have the [Eu] sticker on it, i would assume that means the canadian one would too. Also Mamas and Papas is UK, not all EU.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC