Got a GN Galaxy at local BRU

Tylerbmom

Just thought I would let you all know that I picked up the GN Galaxy at my BRU (Tacoma, WA) today, so they are in stock! I saw that it was online for BRU so I called the store and amazingly they had it in stock. Our local Walmart still doesn't have the GN in yet, so I was very surprised.

I like the fabric. It looks a little different than the pic online and is a two-tone gray seat. I was hoping for more of the plush fabric, but the majority of the plush is on the insert, which I had to remove because it made the seat too small for my 40 lb 3 yo DS. Otherwise, there is plush trim on it, but most of the fabric is the same type as on the Bravo (according to my mom, who has the Bravo, as I haven't seen the Bravo myself).

As with others' kiddos, my DS loves it. I am thrilled with the seat.

Happy GN hunting!
Susan

ADS

Qarin

Yep, I found ours at the BRU in Tukwila, WA. My DDs have decided that the insert is a perfect seat cushion for their small kid-chairs.

bethng

Cool! I go to the one in Tacoma too. Glad to know its there so I can go play with it! lol

USmominOz

It is so good to know because I am going to Gig Harbor in Dec to spend x-mas w/ my sis and I wanted to buy one to bring back to Au for ds. So I am trying to decide if I should have her go get me one now.

Can you let me know if you do notice a difference between that one and the Matrix/Bravo.

Ds has sensory issues and I was hoping to get him a cover that felt more like the Britax Blvd Park Ave which he currently has.

I would love to see some pictures if possible.

tweetykl

This is great to know. Now I just need them to get the Frontier so I can compare the two. Thank you for the local update.

I know Fred Meyer had some during the Baby Sale.

Tylerbmom

It is so good to know because I am going to Gig Harbor in Dec to spend x-mas w/ my sis and I wanted to buy one to bring back to Au for ds. So I am trying to decide if I should have her go get me one now.

Can you let me know if you do notice a difference between that one and the Matrix/Bravo.

Ds has sensory issues and I was hoping to get him a cover that felt more like the Britax Blvd Park Ave which he currently has.

I would love to see some pictures if possible.

Camera isn't working at the moment (DH dropped it!)- so let me try to explain the fabric. If you look at the pics on Gracobaby.com, the plush fabric is the light gray (all around the outer edges). The darker shade of gray is the other fabric. I have not seen the Matrix or Bravo myself, but my mom (who is visiting from out of town) says that the other fabric is the same as on the Bravo. The insert is plush, but as I said, it doesn't fit my 40 lb 3 y.o. DS. My mom said it also doesn't fit my 35lb 4 y.o. niece. I am guessing that the only size kiddo it would fit would be one who should be RF anyways and not in this seat yet. Thus, the majority of the seat that they are in contact with is not plush. I think the other fabric is fine for most kids, but I'm not sure about how a sensory integration kiddo would react to it. If you aren't going to be here until Dec, maybe wait and see if they bring out some new covers.

bethng

Her and dh work at Point Defiance Zoo, I will be home for 12 days at her house and she has no kids!

My mom lives right behind Pt defiance zoo. lol Its almost in her backyard. We walk from her house in the summer since we have a membership.

USmominOz

My mom lives right behind Pt defiance zoo. lol Its almost in her backyard. We walk from her house in the summer since we have a membership.

My sis does the education presentations and my bil works w/ the elephants.

We will be going to see the zoo x-mas lights when we are visiting.

Qarin

In the really close up of the middle fabric it looks like the color is black? Or is it dark gray?

Thanks

Hm. I'll have to look at the seat again in daylight, but I would say that it is black, but checked with white/lightgray, and the overall effect is distinctly gray.

Kris0722

I am so jealous - none of my BRU stores in a 50 mile radius have the seat - and they have no clue if/when it will arrive. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. :mad:

tweetykl

My sis does the education presentations and my bil works w/ the elephants.

We will be going to see the zoo x-mas lights when we are visiting.

I had to laugh because my friend works at the zoo as a Zookeeper. What a small world!

I love Zoo Lights!!

tweetykl

I did yesterday and that is who she said it must be. The hint was where you are located. My friend is Christie Webster. I just think it is so funny to have the 6 degrees of seperation.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC