Ugh - he grew AGAIN...(booster help)

TerisBoys

Don't get me wrong - I like the fact that William is finally growing. But he's AT the limits for the FPSV booster I *just* bought heightwise.

I'm not that concerned about having 'wasted' the money - Ryan can use it as a backup for a good long time. But that leaves me in a conundrum for what to do with William yet again.

He's 8yo, 53#, 53" tall with an 18.5" torso. I only have him 2 weekends a month so while his safety IS important, I have to be budget conscious too (which is why we went with the FPSV in the first place).

He doesn't like the Parkway headwings. What else is out there for under $100 that will accomodate him heightwise for a decent amount of time?

Last edited:
ADS

scatterbunny

Compass B510? It's shorter than the Britax and Recaro boosters, but it's taller than the FPSVB, and has decent head wings while not being as close to the head as the Britax and Recaro seats.

Graco AirBooster? It's also shorter than the Britax and Recaro boosters, but taller than the FPSVB (granted, I haven't tried H in a FPSVB, but her torso height is about 18.25 inches and she has some room in an Air. It becomes a backless and has great leg support, so it might be worth it?

The TurboBooster should also be taller than the FPSVB.

TerisBoys

I measured 20" to the bottom of the guide in the SR/C, cover compressed (not that there's much left to compress on an 8yo booster) and 18" on the FPSV-B

William in both adjusted to max height. Like I said, I *just* measured his torso at 18.5", so I guess the FPSV is magical too (he JUST fits).

william.jpg

When was the SR/C last made? 2005?

TerisBoys

Ok - it's most definately magical. I give up. Yanked the back up as hard as I could, latched the clip down and stuck it in the van.

SR-C017.jpg

He's got a good inch of growth that he did NOT have this morning when I pulled it out of the van.

*I* *GIVE* *UP*!

For giggles - had him try Ry's Nauti fully extended.
SR-C018.jpg

And lastly, the SR/C in the van.
SR-C019.jpg

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Man, those are GREAT pictures! I was wondering how much taller the SRC was...lots! (I'm sooooo sorry it wasn't on sale or we didn't know about it being on sale before you bought the FP...ugh...). Yeah, I'm almost positive my SRC is from 2005, but I know a mom (momtoacrew) who just ordered a couple of these, I'll have her tell us what the date is :thumbsup:

TerisBoys

Man, those are GREAT pictures! I was wondering how much taller the SRC was...lots! (I'm sooooo sorry it wasn't on sale or we didn't know about it being on sale before you bought the FP...ugh...). Yeah, I'm almost positive my SRC is from 2005, but I know a mom (momtoacrew) who just ordered a couple of these, I'll have her tell us what the date is :thumbsup:

I knew it was on sale - but I didn't realize the height difference was THAT drastic. OR expect him to grow 1"+ in his torso in 2 weeks! (Seriously - 2 weeks ago he was AT the top slots in the Nauti).

What to do what to do...

TerisBoys

What to do has been solved :)

A local babystore had SR/C's (3/06 DOM) still in stock and Courtfrog picked one up for me last night - the store pricematched babylove.com too :)

So - my FPSV is going to my friend to replace her middle son's Evenflo Big Kid, and she's also getting a SR/C for her oldest.

Happy dance! AND I get to see Courtney again :) This is like, 3 times in 3 weeks. I loves having RL CPS-addict friends within driving distance again :)

courtfrog2

The guy there said he has 10 more so if anyone wants one for $39.99 let me know and I can pick it up and you can pay me for it plus shipping. It's not that heavy!

faeanne

The guy there said he has 10 more so if anyone wants one for $39.99 let me know and I can pick it up and you can pay me for it plus shipping. It's not that heavy!

I just wanted to tell you THANK YOU!! I really appreciate it. This is going to make the seating in my back row much easier. Plus I'll now have the replaced BK as a spare booster on hand. :)

faeanne

No problem! I'll trade you a couple low back booster for your BK! LOL.

I would take you up on that, but I think I'm going to use the BK as an occasional ride HBB in my dh's truck. I want to have a couple seats to keep in his truck to make it easier for him to follow my new rules for the boys. ;)

TerisBoys

I would take you up on that, but I think I'm going to use the BK as an occasional ride HBB in my dh's truck. I want to have a couple seats to keep in his truck to make it easier for him to follow my new rules for the boys. ;)

We've successfully assimilated her :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC