Just noticed the tethers on my MAs are different!

jdchic3

I have two MAs. One has a DOM in June of 2007, and the other is October 2007. The tethers come out at different places. Look! Thoughts?

June 2007
IMG_2615800x600.jpg

October 2007
IMG_2614800x600.jpg

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Innnnnnnnteresting.... I have no thoughts (beyond, 'A higher tether is supposedly better for reducing head excursion but I doubt there's a huge difference or Britax would have had it from the very top all along' lol)

groovymom2000

Wow...the lower one looks like it comes out similar to the Radian(which I hate, btw). My very old MA comes out at the top(it expires next year). Wonder what Britax would say is the reason if you called them.....:whistle:

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'm curious too because it costs wads to change the mold, or so I've been told by reps. The higher the better, but any tether really . . .

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
If THAT changed..what else? (besides the color, we know one is brownish and one grayish...)...we might need crotch strap measurements and shoulder slot heights, too, lol... :)

jdchic3

I just might have to call Britax in the morning and ask..... Anyone else have an early 2007 and/or later 2007 to compare?

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
This is the first time ever that I noticed tether locations. My old RAs, MAs (and its cousins :whistle:) have tether straps coming at the top. These were vintage 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004.

But my Nov 2007 MA has tether straps coming out in the same locations as jdchic3's Oct 2007 MA.

Hmmm...

jdchic3

If THAT changed..what else? (besides the color, we know one is brownish and one grayish...)...we might need crotch strap measurements and shoulder slot heights, too, lol... :)

The color of the shells are different because the strap colors are different. ;)

jdchic3

I just talked to a wonderful lady at Britax. What she said is they are manufactured in different facilities and that is why they are different. And of course when I asked, she confirmed that they are crash tested to the same standards. ;)

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I just talked to a wonderful lady at Britax. What she said is they are manufactured in different facilities and that is why they are different. And of course when I asked, she confirmed that they are crash tested to the same standards. ;)

Then I guess there are 2 different molds then. Still strange.

melniemi

Maybe the molds for the different color shells are different. Very strange, yes. I already turned in my old seats or I could've compared, one was tan the other gray. My new seats are tan and look like jdchic's tan one:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC