I can't get the locking clip on the seat belt.

kmcenery

We got a new car yesterday. The belts are differant then my old car and I cant get the locking clip on the belt becasue there is not room for it and I dont know how to use the latch. I also cant find a tech untill friday who can help me. Her car seat is on on the drivers side. She is 15 mos 20 lbs and about 30 inches and is still rf. We have the Evenflo Triumph Advance DLX in sandbox. We just bought a 2008 Ford Taurus X (a crossover suv, it was the freestyle they changed the name of it). Here are pictures of the belt. The problem the buckle for the belt is really high so when I snap the belt all of it but the buckle and the peice that snaps into it is in the seat its self (I dont know if im making any senese that is why I have pictures). Can someone just help enough untill I can see the tech friday. There is latch on that seat but again I dont know how to use it. Let me know if you need pictures of something else.

One more question How do I know when my daughter is to tall for rf? I know the weight limit is 35 lbs, but not sure how to tell if she is to tall.

Thank you

PICT0894.jpg

PICT0895.jpg

ADS

kmcenery

Re: I can get the locking clip on the seat belt.

Sorry I need to clean her seat. My brother spilled a milkshake this morning on it.

ErinGoBragh

Can you try to twist the belt stalk? It can be twisted up to 3 full times. That should pull the buckle down far enough.

She is too tall to rear face when she has 1" of hardshell above her head or she reaches 35 pounds.

desiree_leigh

You shouldn't need a lockingclip in a brand new car - you should be able to lock the belt in another way. Try pulling the belt all the way out and letting retract back in slowly - you should hear "clicking" - now try pulling the belt back out. It shouldn't move. This method will keep your seatbelt locked. HTH!

kmcenery

You shouldn't need a lockingclip in a brand new car - you should be able to lock the belt in another way. Try pulling the belt all the way out and letting retract back in slowly - you should hear "clicking" - now try pulling the belt back out. It shouldn't move. This method will keep your seatbelt locked. HTH!

I had it that way and the car seat tech told me not to do that because it can cause the seat to tilt (which was a problem we were having before we did the locking clip).

desiree_leigh

I had it that way and the car seat tech told me not to do that because it can cause the seat to tilt (which was a problem we were having before we did the locking clip).

Ahh ok - I see! You might want to follow some of the other ideas posted to you - LATCH if that position is equipped with it (it's seriously easy) or twisting down the buckle stalk up to 3 times (that's 3 360 degree turns) and then see if you have enough room. HTH!

Mom2One+One

I would try LATCH! It is very easy. Look in your manual for specific instructions but basically you just clip one end of the latch belt into the anchor, run the belt through the same belt path you use for the seatbelt and then clip the other end of the latch belt into the other anchor! Then you PULLLL until it's tight.

This website has some good installation videos:
http://www.carseatsite.com/videos.htm

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC