Britax Marathon 2008 Brownstone - only up to 30 lb rf??

U

Unregistered

Hello, I just posted the "Overwhelmed..." post a little while ago and I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the Marathon now that I know it can be inclined some and will fit in my Subaru temporarily, so I've been researching prices online and now I have a follow-up question (although I would still love answers/suggestions to the questions in that post as well). Anyway, I found a Britax Marathon 2008 in Brownstone on www.albeebaby.com for only $209 with free shipping, great price right? However, it only says that it goes up to 30 lb for rear-facing? I thought these go up to 33 lb and newer ones up to 35 lbs. What am I missing?

Thanks!
Catherine

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
It has to be a typo on Albee's site because the U.S. certified MAs do indeed RF up to 33 lbs. or 35 lbs. for the really recently manufactured ones, and Albee only sells U.S. seats. Canadian certified MAs RF up to 30 lbs.

U

Unregistered

Hi all, just wanted to update. I just got this Marathon that I had ordered and it is indeed up to 35 lb (www.albeebaby.com still says 30 lb). Love the color too - "Brownstone", it's a medium beige, and FYI, they are still on sale for $209.99, no shipping fees.

Catherine

2wild

Oh man, I got the same one a week or two ago from there and it's only rf to 33 lbs. So either all the "older" ones (it still had a 2/2008 DOM) are gone, or
it's a mixed bag....
Glad you got the 35 pounder.

Mommy2Marcus

Hiya Ladies! I bought my EFTA from Target & on the shelf under it, it clearly stated RF from 5-30lbs, but the box & the seat said 35lbs, so it was just a typo. I would say that is what the Albee baby website's problem is. Someone should write & tell them!

U

Unregistered

are you sure it is a 2008 model? I looked at the brita manufacturer's website, and brownstone is no longer a color option. i would check with the britax and see if the brownstone was a 2007 model. that's been my problem. i was not sure if the britax models have made adjustments from the 2005-2008 models.

Jeanum

Staff member
Brownstone apparently was a current model back in March '08 when this thread was originally started. Product availability can change over time. :) The original poster's update indicates the seat he/she purchased was new enough to have the newer rear facing weight limit of 35 lbs. It's always good to contact the online store/vendor directly to inquire about the date of manufacture and rear facing weight limit if you're concerned about receiving a newish seat and/or to verify it has a 35 lbs. RF limit. :twocents:

U

Unregistered

How long did it take for the store to deliver your 2008 Brownstone? I need it by next weekend. If I order it now, will it be here by then?

Jeanum

Staff member
My advice in the previous post from last year applies about availability - you would need to first check with the vendor to see if the item is currently in stock, and, if so, to determine shipping options to suit your location and time frame. FWIW, when I've ordered from Albee, the seats were shipped from New Jersey or New York and took less than a week to arrive via UPS Ground but I'm only about 1/3 to 1/2 way across the U.S. from their shipping point of origin. Your mileage may vary if you're on an opposite coast. :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC