Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Unregistered

Hip Monkey order problem?

On Feb. 25 I ordered a Sunshine Kids Radian 80 car seat from Hip Monkey, after being directed there by the Kyle David Miller FOundation. Two weeks have passed and while I have been charged for the purchase I haven't seen hide nor hair of the seat, and my attempts to contact them have gotten me no where. I came across another thread on this site about Hip Monkey and got the vague impression that it's a business begun very, very recently to facilitate selling car seats for the Kyle David Miller Foundation, which is great. If this is true and the owner is in fact having another baby imminently, then I'll hold my complaint to my credit card company. I don't mind waiting as long as I know the business is legit, but I'm beginning to wonder. Can anyone clarify?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPST Instructor snowbird25ca's Avatar

Re: Hip Monkey order problem?

I can't clarify as to if the owner is having a baby or not, but can tell you that the business is actually owned by the founder of the KDM foundation - Kyle's mom.

So while I have no business dealing history, I do have reason to believe that the business will be reputable. It could be that when they opened up they were busier than expected due to the publicity that has been passed on through the KDMF, and that orders are just taking longer to be shipped than usual.

I would contact them nicely by phone or email and just ask if your order has been shipped yet. 2 wks seems premature to file a credit card claim without first trying to investigate if the seat has been shipped, and then tracking it. JMO.

(Moved from coffee break to shopping and deals since this is related to a specific retailer/shopping experiene. )
    Trudy - Canadian CPSAC certified CRST Instructor-Trainer and mommy to:
    Janeen - 17 yrs and learning to drive!
    Jillian - 11 yrs, 80'ish lbs, 5-stepping in each car. :O
    Jonas - 8yrs, 65lbs, Riding in an Oobr in each car.
    Both safely riding in either a 2007 Outlook or a 2015 Subaru Legacy depending on the day.

Senior Community Member seamonkeys's Avatar

I emailed just to check the availability of a product and Christine (I believe Kyle's mom) emailed me back quickly.

Senior Community Member melniemi's Avatar

She did just have a baby - the Wed during the sale I believe, 2/27ish. I, too, had some problems w/her responding to my emails and returning my calls. Then I emailed her and told her that I understood that she just had a baby and was busy with many things, but for her business to work, she has to have good c/s. (I had been emailing and leaving messages for 3 days) I said it in a nice and understanding way and she responded well and has emailed me back promptly since. The business has just started and she did mention that she was having trouble with an order of 70? radians that hadn't come in. I did order a seat from her and am waiting for it to come in. She was placing an order into Britax so I said I'd wait to get one with the 35# limit.

Hi new here!
    Christine did in fact have a baby. Actually the trouble is coming from SK with them being back ordered, so she is sending me a radian80 at no additional cost. I ordered a radian65 in granite and instead I will get a Radian80 in princess. She has worked with me great so far.