Keep 1999 Suburban or trade for 2005 Rendezvous?

Tara

What do you folks know about the Hyundai Santa Fe ?

Just curious, that's where my husband works ;) Not interested in buying one, too small...we're not moving down in size from an Expedition any time soon LOL

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Victoria, Seth, and Wyatt...Lynette, I don't know if I ever knew your name, but I know those kids' names! <waving hi>
I had a 2002 Rendezvous, and it's definitely not at the top of my list, but better than a Suburban? Maybe... do you all travel pretty light? There's very little cargo space with all the rows up. I think we got maybe 15mpg in our AWD model, but they've had a couple years to improve that number, so maybe it's better now? It was a pretty nice car to drive, anyway... and limber children could easily climb into the back seat. The tether anchor were the pits, but I was always moving my seats around, I'm sure no normal person would find it to be a weekly (if not daily) annoyance like I did!

Darren's selling his 2001 Honda Ody ;)

But seriously, I don't think the Buick's that bad.

:)

KeikiHula

jen_nah said:
Well I know I am not in the norm on here as I am an anti minivan mom. Now I will say I do recommend certain ones if that is what the person is asking info on. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Tahoe. My dh and I both agree that minivan styling is truly ugly to us. We do not find anything pleasing to the eye to us. Yes, They have a lot of nice safety features but you can get those same safety features on SUV's too. Also a lot of the smaller SUV's are made on car chassis compared to truck frames. Yes, I know mine is made on a truck frame. So, They are lower to the ground.

I just wish everyone would have a more open mind about vehicles then automatically jumping on the minivan bandwagon right from the get go.

Well, I'm right there with ya. ;) DH and I were just talking about this last night as a matter of fact. Alot of my friend's have minivans, and I like all the kid/family friendly features. I think the center seat in the Siena is AWSOME!!! I would have loved to have that with my first son b/c he was constantly spitting out his plug and then crying. So then I would have to pull over and retreive it and put it back in his mouth. In a Siena, you could just move the middle seat right up close to you and just reach around and give it back. Very cool.... But, alas, I think pretty much all minivans and wagons are ugly....besides, I'm a 4x4 girl. Always have been. My first "car" was a '74 jacked up full size Ford pickup. It got about 4 mpg and I loved every second of it....LOL

urmysunshinex3

Senior Community Member
Nice to see you Julie. I used to sign Lyn to most of my posts. I've gone by Lyn since jr. high, but I guess I've recently had an identity crisis and emerged as Lynette again LOL!

The cargo room with the third row up is really a concern of mine. Especially if Dh and I decide to add another member to our family. Where would I put a stroller? The noise my Suburban is making, I found out is a lifter or a rocker arm, I've been told. I had a 1996 Tahoe and I recall something similar going bad and the repair was around $1800 to fix, but it was under warranty thank goodness! The suburban is not.

I've also been thinking that my boys only have about a year(if that) left in their Marathon's. They are big boys! By this time next year, they will more than likely be in booster seats. At which point will make my Suburban a 6 passenger vehicle, because there's only lap belts in the 2 center rear positions.

The whole idea of a different vehicle is making me anxious. Dh and I were going to check out the Ford Freestyle and the Buick Rendezvous this weekend, but have unexpected guests coming tomorrow now. I really don't think we'll be able to get the Freestyle into our price range, but it sure looks just like what we need. Oh and trust me, I already told Dh about Darren's van for sale. Dh just gave me a puzzled look and said "and what are we supposed to do with the Suburban?" We plan on using the Suburban as a trade-in. That was pretty much the end of that conversation.

What's the deal with the tether anchors in the Rendezvous? I only have anchors at the rear of my cargo space right now, so I'm used to them being difficult to deal with. I believe there been some improvement in the gas mileage, it's supposed to get 19/24 mpg for the AWD model now? What are the other downfalls of the Rendezvous? Thanks for the input.

Lynette~CPST and Mom to Victoria 9, Seth and Wyatt 4
Aunt and Foster Mom to Holden 6 and Coooper 5

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's just that the tether anchors are at a funky angle and hard to reach... sounds like you've dealt with worse, though, so it's probably not a big deal!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC