WWYD-Question regarding Diplomat trade for Boulevard

S

sophie1&2

Hi. I would love some help deciding if this sounds like a good plan...
I have two diplomat seats (15 mo twins), barely used which I bought in September. I bought them b/c my car would not fit two convertible seats RF without my seat and the passenger seat shoved up and my knees would touch the dash.

I have now bought a mini van and was debating getting bigger seats during the Britax sale or waiting and taking a chance that they grow out of them close to a sale time. My son as of yesterday is 24 lbs and 29 1/2 inches tall. My daughter is 19.13 and is 27+ inches tall so I have a while to go lb wise but somewhat height wise.

I have someone that wants to trade their new Boulevard (3mos old) for a diplo as they have the same issue I had; they traded their mini van for a smaller car.

I would have to buy a new cover as the cover is purple (Shannon) and would most likely be for my son.

So... I'd be investing another $80.00 (less 6% back from ebates) on top of the $190 I spent in September.

Should I go for it?

ADS

mominabigtruck

Sounds like a good deal to me. The blvd is a more expensive seat and you'll get more use out of it then a diplomat. And I'm sure you can sell your shannon cover on ebay to make up for what you spend on a new blvd cover.

mom2riley

I would stick with the Diplomats because of the 35lb RFing limit. I would use them as long as I could and then sell them to help fund the next step seat.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
I would stick with the Diplomats because of the 35lb RFing limit. I would use them as long as I could and then sell them to help fund the next step seat.

But most kids aren't going to make it to 35lbs in a Diplomat. I'd go with the BV... :)

mominabigtruck

And really, we're talking about 2lbs and if she waits to buy blvds down the line she's not going to get nearly enough to finance them by selling the diplomats.

S

sophie1&2

Thanks so much guys. So I'm giving up 2lbs by trading the diplo vs. the blvd? I think I will have a height issue first anyway. I looked at my pediatrician notes again and he's 30 1/4" now at 15 months so... I just don't have any sense of how fast he'll grow in height (I know every kid varies but have no idea how tall a typical 2 year old is).

I'm trying to time this so I don't get caught needing a seat and not being close to a sales time.

Now the question is to buy the other Blvd for my daughter now since they're $210 or wait, but I bet the sale in Sept. will be fine as the seats have now been around for a while.

Any opinion on the BLVD vs. the MA?

I'm making this as hard as possible!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC