BabyAge.com Customer Service?

Angelfaery

So thanks to this wonderful site I had found out about the Britax sale going on. On Sunday I decided to place my order for a marathon from babyage.com. I immediately got the automatic email confirmation of my order and it said:
You will receive a separate email with your detailed tracking information. Any possible delays will be marked in the Notes section.
So then I waited....and waited....and waited..and this morning I decided to go ahead and shoot them an email to verify that my order is being processed since I still hadn't gotten my tracking info. All day I've been checking my email and still haven't gotten a reply. So I give them a call and the rep tells me they hadn't processed the order because they need the last 4 digits of my social security number and my birth date. Why do they need that for an order? And why didn't they call me to ask for it? If I hadn't called them would it have been days, weeks, or more until they contacted me? So far I haven't been happy with their customer service and sure hope their delivery and the actual product is much better!

I was just wondering if this is usual for their customer service. Has anyone else had any problems with them?

ADS

twinsplusthree

I have never personally ordered from them because of all of the negative reviews I've read online about their customer service. I just figured it was worth the money to pay a little more to go with a company that had good CS reviews or that I had good experience with. BTW, many places will price match. Try Goores.com. THey may price match with a 10 shipping fee and I KNOW their CS is great.

That is such a bummer. I am very cautious about purchasing online for that reason. I do not think you should have to give any Soc #s at all.

natysr

I order directly from them about 3 years ago with no problems.

Sunday I ordered a Marathon through Amazon.com, but from babyage. So Amazon billed me, but the item shipped from Babyage the very next day (yesterday).

I haven't received the item yet, but I have a UPS ground tracking number, so I assume all will be fine.

Niea

How did you pay?

If you paid by CC, was the billing and shipping address the same? If they are different, they will need additional confirmation that the card was not stolen. This is standard with most retailers.

That being said, I ordered from BabyAge just 2 mos ago and had fabulous service.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I have not heard great things about babyage. I definately would not disclose personal info like that to anyone. I would buy somewhere else. :twocents:

TXAggieTech

I ordered from them yesterday and just checked and my seat has already been shipped. I never got the follow up email but I logged into my account.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
MAybe I am thinking about another site. It just seems odd they would ask for thta additional info. Unless there is an address discrepancy

seamonkeys

I ordered from them this AM. THe order said ship time was next business day. So I'll be checking tomorrow to see if it's shipped yet - if not I'm calling them ASAP! Thanks for the heads-up!

UPDATE: OMG, I logged onto my account on babyage.com and see it's already been shipped - even has a UPS tracking (UPS site shows origin scan!). And I only ordered at 10:55 am!

Angelfaery

I did have it shipped to a different address, so I guess I can understand them needing verification (even though I've never had a problem with other retailers). What really irks me is the fact that they didn't bother to contact me about it. I'm just really excited to get a new seat and I want it asap!:p

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I have ordered 3 Britax seats over the years from Babyage with no issues at all. If you placed the order on Sunday they wouldn't process the order until Monday sometime. All this depends on the demand as to how long it takes to sort through any cc issues. They only had your info a little over 24hrs. I guess I don't find that unreasonable at all to have not contacted you to verify your info. Please remember this is a HUGE sale and as the week goes on you will start to see a lot of delays/backorders appearing.

I remember the big Britax sale last spring. The delays where weeks to ship. I placed an order for a MA & PW for my mom's vehicle about 3-4 days into the sale. It took 6-7wks from the day I ordered to actually get the seat.

melniemi

They will not price match after you have already ordered a seat - even if they drop their own prices - you pay what you paid if it's already been shipped, regardless of what you find on their site or any other. I went all the way to the VP and still got nothing. Because of that, I am tempted to ship it back and get a cheaper one through babyuniverse. Even if I only break even in the end.:(

niccig

- please double check this -
I ordered a Blvd during the last sale, and I changed my mind before I even got it. I called to find out how to return - if the box is opened, they will only give you store credit. So, if you're going to return, make sure the box is unopened. This is a really stupid rule, you won't know if your kid will fit or seat fit in your car unless you OPEN the box. Return shipping for me (in CA) was going to be about $60. I ended up selling mine to a friend who was bummed she missed the sale.

seamonkeys

I plan to return the one I just ordered too (unless I can sell locally), but don't plan on opening the box. I checked shipping costs online and thought it looks like it's going to be only about $30 (also from CA). Guess I'll wait and find out for sure! If it's more than $30, I'll definitely push to sell local!

- please double check this -
I ordered a Blvd during the last sale, and I changed my mind before I even got it. I called to find out how to return - if the box is opened, they will only give you store credit. So, if you're going to return, make sure the box is unopened. This is a really stupid rule, you won't know if your kid will fit or seat fit in your car unless you OPEN the box. Return shipping for me (in CA) was going to be about $60. I ended up selling mine to a friend who was bummed she missed the sale.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC