Britax changing Buckle design

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
This was psoted over at the other forum. not sure if anyone knew about it.
"Britax Buckle Design Changed

Based on caregiver feedback, beginning February 2008, Britax began to transition all current convertibles and youth restraints to a new buckle design (the Companion is not affected by this change).

The new buckle design will provide two audible clicks - a positive click after inserting each buckle tongue. This will help the caregiver to confirm that each buckle tongue is secure.

There will be two visual identifiers that will determine if the buckle is the new buckle design:

The corners of the red release button on the new buckle will be square versus the current rounded corner design

Metal is visible in the webbing slots of the buckle tongues

Since the buckle and the harness work together as a system, beginning February 2008 these two items will only be available as a set for warranty claims and consumer purchase. If replacement of one (harness with buckle tongues OR the buckle) is needed, they will need to be replaced as a set. The new and current buckle and buckle tongues are not interchangeable.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Tilton at *address removed by Admin*

Submitted by Sarah Tilton, Britax"

Last edited:
ADS

mommy2env

So,will we be able to buy the set to replace the current ones? I hope so, I like hearing two clicks. :eek:

CPS_obsessed_EMT

Senior Community Member
Me too! I'm always so paranoid about this! Especially since every once in a while, I'll have her buckled in and she'll arch her back or something and it will come right out! :eek: So now every time I buckle her I pull really hard on the straps to make sure they're really in....pita...

I wonder how much it would cost to order a whole set?

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Me too! I'm always so paranoid about this! Especially since every once in a while, I'll have her buckled in and she'll arch her back or something and it will come right out! :eek: So now every time I buckle her I pull really hard on the straps to make sure they're really in....pita...

I wonder how much it would cost to order a whole set?

I guess all we can do is wait and see what they will cost and when they will be available.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Thanks for sharing, Lisa.

And no, I didn't forget about calling you back, I am trying to get ds down for a nap. He's crabby. :D

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Man...FINALLY!...I've despised that stupid one-click design since day one... (I joke because they say it's a safety feature... a safety feature for people who can't count to 2!)

SPJ&E

Sounds great! I wish we could replace all of ours...but 4 sets would cost an arm and a leg, lol!

sb518

Cool!! Wow... 2 clicks and a 35lb rfing limit? That's my kind of seat!! :love: Maybe if I start saving now, by the time they come out I will have enough money to buy one!! :ROTFLMAO:

elle7715

I'm glad they're changing it. When I got our first Britax I was so surprised I didn't hear two clicks. That's the only thing I like about our Dorel seats.

tjham

Yeah, if I had a nickel for every post on
all the carseat forums saying:

"Is there something wrong with my Britax seat?
I only hear one click!"

:whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC