Finding Tech

hkrok

Sorry posted in wrong location

I have called a few of our local carseat inspection stations and talked with them about extended rear facing. Both just talked about minimum 1 year 20 pounds and one even said he was perfectly comfortable doing this. I thought this was the one who would be different. So, how do you find one who will encourage longer. I want to have an enrichment with my local group of La Leche League moms, and I wanted someone who would encourage extended rear facing. What are the questions I should ask? Is there any easy way of finding one. I am in the Kansas City, MO area.

Also, they one told me 5 years on the seats, I thought it was 6. He said they would not install anything over 5 years old. So maybe that gives the person a year cushion?
Thanks

Last edited:
ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I've seen some discussion at the Yahoo! list serve about what to do about techs who give out wrong information ... which doesn't really apply ... but, one idea might be to contact the state coordinator & ask for a short written statement about the benefits that you could share with your local LLL group? The coordinator where I live was very receptive with my direct questions, although I didn't specifically ask for something that I could share with others - I used the info from her & from this website & www.cpsafety.org along with local CPS tech contact numbers to make my own novice info/resource flyer that I shared with our local Attachment Parenting group :)

I had the same problem finding a tech who would encourage extended RF - the 4 I talked to seemed encouraging at first, but then thought my daughter should be RF simply because her knees were bent @@

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC