Ford F150 Tether?

Calideedle

I just had the top tethers installed into my Fathers truck today (2000 F150) And they were FREE so I got my $50 refunded! (thanks to Jeanum's LATCH handbook pic)

Now does the Tether attach to the fabric hook? There is a metal hook but that is way behind the seat and hard to get to.

TIA!

ADS

mburks26

depends on what kind of cab it is. I know the 2001 Supercrew cab has 3 loops at the bottom behind the seat (must flip the seat to get to them) there isnt any metal hook tehter though but in my 2003 user book it says for supercab has 3 loops along the bottom edge of the rear window (makes the loops at the top of the seat not bottom) shouldnt have to flip the seat to get to them you would need to route the child seat tether strap through that and hook to the one for center thats a 2003 so im not tottaly sure that is the same for a 2000 this is for forward facing for rearfacing if britax would be to the seat infront of it under neath somewhere

Calideedle

They were just installed today. There is a black fabric loop sticking out of the back seat, then if you pull the seat away from the window a bit (hard to do) there is a metal hook that the fabric loop is attached to.

I know where to RF tether this is just for FFing.

mburks26

sounds like a supercab fabric loop just below the rear window you can see the loop with out fliping the seat down then you most likely will have to thread the tether strap through that loop and hook to the fabric loop in center if you try to hook the tether strap to the loop behind that seat it can not get tight enough.

mburks26

did ford install the center fabric loop as well. its says for supercab to route the latch strap through the fabric behind the seat that the car seat is one then hook to the center so run it through the loop behind the passenger and hook it to the one in the center and tighten after you get the regent installed. makes sense

Calideedle

I had them install 3 (2 outboard and 1 center) So I put the tether through the black loop behind the regent (passenger side) and then hook it to the metal hook in the center. So if I have 2 FFing seats I cant tether both?

Here is a pic of the loop/hook dealie!

100_0501.jpg

100_0505.jpg

mburks26

ok it hooks to the loop in the center not the metal thing route it through the loop behind the seat its on it doesnt say anything bout the metal part it would make sense to me to use the metal part to actally hook through and webbing loops to route through but it doesnt say that.

wish I could scan my book for you

the passenger would route though its loop and hook on to the loop in the center
the drivers would route though its loop and hook to the center
the center would route through its loop and hook to one adjacent so either the passenger side or driver side.

it doesnt say you can or cant have both outboard tethered to the center

Calideedle

I am SO confused! lmao!

Okay so do I hook the tether to the metal or hook the tether to the fabric loop?

I dont have the directions or any info on it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC